Chapter Three - ✿ The Nightmares Begin ✿

Opening my eyes, I was on my side in a strange room. This was a dream, one that felt so real. Too real. I had all five senses, something that shouldn't have been right. So wrong it felt as though I was awake, and I sensed the strangeness from my stay on J's ship. Not feeling like I was in my own body, I looked down at myself, only to see I was a Pokémon: a Staraptor by the look of my wings and feather patterns. Looking up at my surroundings, I noticed I was surrounded ironically by cat Pokémon: Delcatty, Persian, Glameow, Liepard. Three of each.

    "Great," I muttered, getting up and watching the feline Pokémon with my sharp, predator eyes.

    Then someone laughed, distracting me from my foes. "How do you like the simulation, 'Staraptor'? Do you like it?" A mystery man said. Giovanni. Hearing the smirk on his face, I turned around and faced a speaker.

    "What have you done to me? What is this?!" I demanded, now staring at the camera hanging from the celling protected by an energy shield, like Protect. He laughed again before the reply came in an arrogant voice.

    "As I said, its a simulation. Since you escaped, I had to resort to plan B. Now, face these Pokémon, little bird." As he finished, the fight was on. Not wanting to show him how capable I was or wasn't, I dodged in the large room. It reminded me of a Gym battle field, however everything screamed of technology. The walls, celling, and floor changed terrain, making everything disorienting and myself dizzy. Thirty seconds. Dreams last only thirty seconds.

    I then woke up, panting and sweating. I still had adrenaline running through my veins, and my heart was still thumping. When I checked my clock, I noticed it's only 4:00am. Muttering to myself, I got up to see if I couldn't get my Pokémon now and leave. Grabbing my PokéBag, I left the room. Anything that was related to electronics was making my senses buzz and my mind wary.

    "So that's what let him into my dream," I muttered as I approached the Pokémon Center counter. "The tech." Not seeing Nurse Joy, I pulled out a blank piece of paper and wrote:

    Thank you for healing my Pokémon and letting me stay the night, along with the bandages. I couldn't sleep, so I'm heading off. Don't worry about me or my Pokémon missing, we got a head start into the Survival Area.

    Since she didn't know my name, I didn't sign it. "Hopefully no one will freak about a possible Pokémon thief." I murmured quietly, walking into the back where they heal the Pokémon. Knowing my way from being in so many Pokémon Centers, I located the room full of Pokéballs. I searched for my Pokémon with their Pokéballs with my custom marks on them, I picked them up and clipped them all on my PokéBag, all except for Lucario. Tapping on his Pokéball twice then bringing him out, he stayed silent. I pointed to the exit of the medical part of the Pokémon Center and into the lobby, we got a move on. Both of us moving like shadows to not wake anyone else in the Pokémon Center, we exited and started on the tough path ahead to the Survival Area. When I glances at my watch, I noted it was now 4:30am. We had an hour or so until dawn, but we'll be deep into the forests before then.

    "Let's go, Lucario," I whispered as we exit, before we started running. I made sure to not step on twigs or crunch leaves, we moved fairly quickly and silent through the trees.

✦ ✦ ❦ ✦ ✦

    After and hour of on and off running, we got to a nice clearing that was covered by long and tall branches overhead, and had a small pond. "This is a perfect spot to live for the time being."

    When everyone else was out of their Pokéballs, I started to set up a simple tent and a sleeping bag for the undefined time we would be residing there. Making sure everything was good, I looked around the clearing. Seadra in her pond, Charizard laying on his bed of now-warmed rocks, Serperior in a very branchy tree, Venusaur's and Lucario's beds of soft moss, and Persian on a high, thick branch with his tail curled around it. Everything was just the way we all needed it to be to live out here. The canopy above would hide most smoke for fires, which we would do at night only anyway. At the edge of the clearing was a perfect spot to grow berries for meals. Sunlight got to it without uncovering us living here.