𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 14

(This has yet to be rewritten.)

I almost choked on my pastry as I stared at him, dumbfounded. I wanted to make sure my ears weren't playing tricks on me.
"I-I'm sorry, can you repeat that?". He blinked and gave me a light chuckle.
"(Y/n), ever since we were kids, I've always had an interest in you. I enjoy spending time with you, hearing you speak, and I even find it somewhat amusing when you're irritated with me at times." I felt heat rise to my cheeks as I continued nibbling on the croissant. "So, again, please go out with me"

Steam was practically escaping my ears for how hot my head felt. It was like I came down with the worst fever right then and there, as soon as those words escaped his mouth again. My brain suddenly became a highway with no speed limit; tons of thoughts raced by, some overlapping each other, and questions began adding themselves to those thoughts.
Before I knew it, I had finished the croissant and was now just covering my mouth with the napkin. I had spaced out and raised my eyes to see Chrollo awaiting my answer as he took a sip of his coffee and I quickly looked back down at the wooden table.

When I really thought about it after taking some time to clear my head, dating Chrollo didn't seem like a bad idea. He was smart, caring, good-looking, a good cook, and fashionable. I didn't really see anything bad about it, except for the fact that he would grab other women's attention but, that is what's to be expected when dating a looker.
After some time, and finally being sure of my answer, I lifted my gaze back up to Chrollo and placed my hands in my lap, taking a deep breath.

"Okay" I murmured.
Chrollo heard me and his eyes widened and he placed his cup down on the table, the look of disbelief clear on his face. "Okay? Okay what?"
"Okay, I'll go out with you" I forced out, it felt like my heart was going to jump out of my throat. 

Chrollo's face lit up brighter than I had ever seen it light up before. He smiled from ear to ear and got up from his seat. I flinched when he walked up to me, bent down, and trapped me in his arms, resting his chin on my shoulder as he hugged me, the smell of vanilla clouding my head. I felt his lips at my ear when he whispered "(Y/n), I'm so happy right now, I could die."
Embarrassed, I pushed him away. My ear feeling slightly ticklish "C-Come on, don't say that."
He chuckled "But it's the truth,"
I felt him grab my hand and bring it up to his lips, placing a small kiss on my knuckles "because we're officially an item now"

Oh God, my heart

He could've asked me to do anything with the look in his eyes that he had now and I would have done it without asking any questions. He was dangerously attractive. I hesitantly slid my hand out of his grip and placed it in my lap.
Standing back up he looked around. Some people were obviously staring at us and that made my face go extremely red but, Chrollo seemed unfazed. In fact, he smiled down at me and said "Since you're finished your croissant, let's go", and hoisted me up quickly and gently, as if I were to weigh nothing.

Once we were back outside, he opened the car door for me, closing it once I had slid in my seat. I pulled the seatbelt over me, the medal of it cold against my fingers. Crossing my legs one over the other, I watched as Chrollo got into the driver's seat beside me and turned on the car. The lights that signified opened doors turning off, and only the natural light of outside lighting up his features. I leaned against my window and stared out, the sun was in the middle of the sky now and crowds of people walked up and down the sidewalks. My eyes skimmed across most until one person waiting at a bus stop caught my eye.

Feitan!

I straightened out my back and turned to tap Chrollo's shoulder.
"Yes, (Y/n)?" he asked, his eyes still focused on the road ahead.
"Chrollo, we just passed Feitan. Could we turn around to say hi?" I asked, making sure to add a somewhat pleading tone in my voice.
I saw a small smile rise to Chrollo's face as he turned to steering wheel to do a U-turn. "Sure, why not?" he chuckled and stopped in the parking lot of a small store, situated right behind the bus stop Feitan was waiting at.

"Feitan." I heard Chrollos soft voice speak out from beside me as we walked towards the short man, causing Feitan, who was looking down at his phone, to lift his head and look behind him.
"Hi." the small man greeted, his thin eyes catching mine as he noticed me standing next to Chrollo. I smiled and waved at him but all I got in return was a barely noticeable nod.

"What are you up to today?" Chrollo asked, drawing the attention of his friend who was still looking at me.
"Oh. Just hanging out with Phinx today." Feitan shrugged.
Just as I was about to ask who Phinx was, Chrollo bent down beside me and spoke just above a whisper "Phinx is another friend of ours." Feitan nodded and I nodded in response as well.
"Okay"

The bus arrived and Feitan waved us goodbye, taking out his wallet to get out his bus card "Well, I'm going to get going."
"Okay, we are as well. Have fun." Chrollo chuckled and took my hand, leading me back to the car.
"So, what's Feitan's occupation?" I asked as I opened the door for myself. Chrollo looked a little surprised "I thought he told you". I shook my head and he raised his shoulders before opening his door "He works as a police officer, today's his day off".
"Oohh, I see" Policeman was the last position I would have guessed for Feitan, but then again, I didn't know him all that well. He probably told me when I met him at the bar but, I guess I forgot.

( Author: Head empty. Only Feitan in police uniform...)

Once we got into the car, Chrollo drove me home. The drive was quiet, neither of us spoke and I spaced in and out of reality as I stared outside. I didn't even notice when we finally pulled into my driveway and Chrollo got out of the car to open my door, I only realized when my door opened and I almost fell out onto the pavement.
Chrollo walked me to the door of my place and gave me a hug at the last step before my door. The scent of, now slightly faded, vanilla invaded my senses again and I closed my eyes, taking advantage of the warmth radiating off his body. The hug ended sooner than I wanted it to, his hands resting on my shoulders as I felt his thumbs rub light circles of affection.

"Do you want to hang out longer? I have tea, we could watch a movie. We could even play a game of chess if you want, even though I'm not all that good" I earned a laugh from him and he placed a lasting kiss on my forehead.
"Maybe tomorrow but, not today. I have to meet up with someone important, but I'll text you tonight once I'm free."
"Okay.." I accepted, now disappointed that I'd be alone the rest of the day.

Soon, Chrollo turned on his heal and left in his car. Leaving me alone, arms crossed, and leaning against my door.