𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟤

(This has yet to be rewritten.)

I gently blew at my tea and watched as Chrollo ate his breakfast, taking a small sip and slightly smiling when I tasted a small hint of mint in it.
Placing my cup back in its small plate, I pressed my lips together in a firm line as my hands fidgeted in my lap. Then I quickly got up and checked the time on my phone.
"I'm late!-"
"It's Saturday. We don't have work today, don't worry." Chrollo said, I could hear the smile in his voice as I slowly sat back down in relief. I stared at the beautiful, black tablecloth, trying to remember everything that had happened last night.

"Penny for your thoughts, M'lady?" I lifted my gaze and locked eyes with Chrollo, whos plate was now empty.
"Oh, I was just thinking about last night. What exactly happened?" I asked
"Well, you didn't eat anything and you drank way too much, obviously. Hisoka had offered to take you home since you were barely able to stand up without tipping over, but I didn't have a good feeling about that so I decided to take you home myself. Paku and Feitan had left with me, and Hisoka left with Machi some time after."
I nodded

That makes sense. 

I was relieved that Chrollo decided to take me with him rather than leaving me with Hisoka. Don't get me wrong, Hisoka was nice in his own way, but I didn't really feel comfortable being alone with him.

After a bit, I finished my tea. Chrollo has collected the cups and plate, and his back was now facing me as he did the dishes. He had folded the apron neatly after taking it off and slid it into a drawer beside the sink. 
"So, did you hear?" he suddenly spoke as he dried his hands on a cloth draped over a handle on the stove.
"About what?" Raising a brow, I sat there, genuinely confused as to what he was referring to.
"We have a new colleague coming in on Monday." Chrollo rubbed his hands together and tucked in his chair.

"We do? Since when?" I got up and tucked in my own chair. 
"I'm not quite sure, I just found out recently. They'll be working in the same building as us, however, not in the same field." 
I nodded, however I was still extremely confused. My field of work was the only field that accepted people easily. Mostly because we don't really have many working; Most people find it boring and useless, however, guiding and working with professional assassins is nothing less than important. Without us, the assassins could be taken off guard by  oncoming criminals and it's our job to guide them and suggest ways to deal with certain situations, as well as telling them where and when the enemies should arrive. 
Without us, some of the assassins would be completely lost. People only see it as speaking through a microphone, doing unwanted paperwork, and sitting in a cubicle all day. Sadly, that's not far from the truth, but it explains why people don't want to work in my field, because to them; there's no action. Not only that, but we make sure that citizens see our building as a normal office. We can't let anyone know we work with assassins, it would be incredibly dangerous for us.  

I looked back up at Chrollo and smiled, "Thank you for the breakfast Chrollo, but I should get home" He nodded and gave me a hug before pulling away quickly and chuckling 
"Hang on a minute! I have a gift for you." He said as he quickly went back to the room.
I heard rustling and then he came back, quickly wrapping his arms around me. 

His shoulder grazed my forehead and I felt him wrap something soft around my neck. He slowly stood back with a look of satisfaction as he adjusted it. I brought my hand up to feel it and looked down, It was a black and grey scarf. He gave me a closed eyes smile that would make any other girl stare in awe "It looks good on you, I'm glad".
I giggled "Thank you, but why the gift?" 
"Oh, well, I noticed that you didn't have a scarf last night and thought that it would be nice to get you one. That way, you won't catch a cold as easily." he adjusted the scarf around my neck again, his touch slightly lingering before he pulled away again. 

"Ah. Thank you." I smiled and collected my things, waiting at the front door to give Chrollo one last hug before leaving. Once we had said our final goodbyes to each other, he opened the door for me and I stepped out, hearing a click behind me before walking down a few steps that lead to a small driveway and walking on the sidewalk to the nearest bus stop. 

.

.

.

Once I had reached home, I sighed in relief and took off my boots, pulling off my stockings once I sat down on my bed. Laying down on my back, I looked up at my cream colored ceiling. My apartment was pretty small and plain, but it was home and I was okay with it. I curled up onto my side and slid my arms out of the sleeves of my coat, hugging myself. Rays of sun passed through my blinds onto my bedsheets, some hitting my legs and slightly warming me up. 

Some time later, I decided to see what was on the TV. I watched a few episodes of my favorite show, made myself a sandwich for lunch, and read a few books. The sun started setting before I knew it and I put on a movie, laying down on my couch.
Halfway through, my eyelids started feeling heavy. I was about to fall asleep until my phone started ringing and I jumped up, quickly running to get it from the pocket of my jacket. I checked who was calling me "Chrollo Lucilfer"   

Picking up the phone I sat cross legged on my bed "Hello? Chrollo?" 
"Y/n, I'm so glad you picked up, I just received news about the new colleague" Chrollo had quickly gotten my attention.
"Yes?" 
"It's an assassin, and it seems they'll be working with you!" 

oh 

(AN:
The Author? Updating? NO WAY!- Well yes, I updated today 
∠( ᐛ 」∠)_*celebration noise*
I've been sadly experiencing writer's block (again) but, not to worry! I'm listening to music and slowly but surely getting through it  ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
This chapter isn't really as long as the other ones but it's about as much as I could manage to write at the moment so I hope you like it \(*'▽`*\)

LOvE yOu gUys, see you next chapter! ( ' ▽ ' )ノ) )