𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 9

(This has yet to be rewritten.)

Killua soon came back out with a pout plastered on his face, and I automatically figured that Milluki wasn't going to come outside anytime soon.

"Sorry, (Y/n)... Piggy's a meanie..." he muttered. I quickly ruffled his soft hair and smiled
"It's fine, Killua. Maybe next time, okay?" his cheery demeanor quickly returned and he gave me a wide grin
"Okay!"

Killua and I continued to play in the sand box until he got bored and wandered off to do something else; most likely bother another butler to do something with him.
Illumi sat in the grass, tilting his head back and closing his eyes as a pleasantly cool breeze traveled through the trees.
I smiled and laid down beside him, curling onto my side to face him.
"So, are you going to miss me?" I asked
"Miss you?"
"Yeah, y'know? When you move ... Are you going to miss me?"

He opened his eyes and stared up at the sky "Yes, I suppose I will."
I felt an odd sensation of relief wash over me as he answered and nodded.
"I will too"

Before I knew it, Mom had called and it was time for me to leave.
Illumi walked me to the front door and Killua jumped into my arms in the doorway.
"Promise to come visit me, (Y/n)!"
I hugged him tightly "I don't know if I can promise that, Killua, but I'll try." I whispered
He beamed and quickly jumped out of my arms, running to the living room.

After Kikyo, Illumi was the only one left to say goodbye to.
I pressed my lips together in a firm line and gave him a stiff wave "I guess this is goodbye.."
"I guess so"
I know he hates when I do this, but ...
I quickly stepped closer and wrapped my arms around him, burying my face in his chest.

He stayed completely silent, stiff as usual, and I expected him to push me away or scold me like usual, but the rejection never came. Instead, I felt him move his arms and wrap them around me too. My eyes widened as I felt him gently pet my head and run his fingers through my hair.

"Bye, (Y/n)" he whispered and, just like that, the first hug that I ever got from him was over, and the large wooden doors were shut in my face.

▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼△▼

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ...
10
Ten years
.
.
.

I sat at my desk, resting my head on it as I twirled a blue pen in between my fingers. A stack of unfinished documents in front of me towered over my head and I had absolutely no intention of ever finishing them today.
After a few seconds, the pen lost momentum and fell to the ground for the third time today.
A part of me wanted to lean down, pick it up, and start again, but another part of me just wanted to leave it there and sleep throughout the rest of the day.

I sat up and leaned back in my chair, tilting my head back, and staring up at the dull ceiling. My ears tuned out the faint buzzing of the white lights that were built into it as I closed my eyes and sighed.

I heard someone make their way over my cubicle wall and pick up my pen, causing me to open my eyes to see who it was.
I wasn't surprised to see Chrollo who flashed me a charming smile before setting my pen down on my desk.
The tall boy I had met in the classroom had grown taller and was, now, fairly lean. He usually kept his dark hair slicked back, but I guess he didn't feel like it today since it was messy and some of it seemed to pass in front of his eyes. He had his jacket slung over his shoulder, revealing a slim office shirt that was tucked in clean black pants and matched with a tie.
"Hey"
"Hi, you've been fidgeting with this pen all day," he noted.
"Mhm" I hummed

He set his hand on my growing pile of documents and chuckled "And this tower isn't getting any smaller. In fact, I think it's grown since the last time I saw it."
I leaned forward, setting my elbows on my desk, and holding my face in my hands "It certainly has, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you." I laughed. I then pointed to my easily slidable door "Also, that door isn't just for decoration, it's for people to knock or open when they want to talk to me. So stop climbing over the walls please."

He pursed his lips, as if thinking of his answer which should have been an automatic "alright" or "okay", but he caught me staring up at him and smiled before saying,
"Hmm, no."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, slightly annoyed before taking a deep breath and turning my chair to face him. "Alrighty then. Anyway, I know you came over here to talk to me about something other than my growing tower of work. What is it?"
"Ah yes. Hisoka and I are going out to drink. Care to join us?"

I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head "Look, I'd love to Chrollo but-"
"But? But what? (Y/n), you and I both know you don't have any work to do at home. So instead of sitting on your floor and drinking alone, come drink with us."

My eyes widened
How-
How did he-
I crossed my arms in front of my chest and turned my head to the side.
"Okay, 1. I don't drink alone, I eat candy alone. And 2. I do have work at home sometimes!"
He tilted his head "Do you have work today?"
I squinted at him and muttered "N-No... Not exactly.."
A triumphant smile automatically took place on his face and he tossed me my jacket "Great, meet me at the entrance of the bar across the street in an hour."

Before I could say anything, he had already left my cubicle and was making his way through my coworkers down the hall.