𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 20

(This has yet to be rewritten.)

"Hm." It wasn't hard to tell that Illumi didn't care about whether or not I was annoyed.
He leaned in closer, and I found myself forcefully closing my eyes and tensing as a reflex.
What in the world is this creep doing!?
All of a sudden, I felt his nose skim my jaw and I flinched, hearing him take a deep breath.
"It's faint but, it's there." he noted to himself and I immediately opened my eyes to look at him. He wasn't looking in my direction, his face was still dipped low. His lips only but a ghost above my neck, causing me to swallow a choking mass forming in my throat.
"What is it?" I managed to force out, trying to keep my voice as stern as possible but to no avail. The strain in it was painfully obvious.

"Men's cologne." He backed away and my hand immediately flew up to touch where his face had been. I must have looked as horrified as I felt because a faint look of amusement revealed itself within the inky puddles that were this man's eyes. Could it be because Chrollo had done the laundry? Perhaps he had put on cologne before folding them.

"Don't worry, Y/n. I have better things to do than pry into your intimate affairs." Illumi shrugged and turned his back to me. However, before leaving me alone to continue my work, he made sure to say one last thing.
"I just wanted to know where that disgusting smell was coming from."

I was fuming, the urge I had to choke him with his own tie the moment he turned around had never been stronger. The audacity this man had. What was his problem? One day, he's busy telling me how bad I am at my job, and the next he's blatantly harassing me? Not to mention I'm surprised he's even getting anything done considering he's always on my back about everything I do. God forbid I breathe around him without getting a unnecessary comment. Now, to add insult to injury, he tells me I stink. Wonderful.

Quickly, my attention was drawn to the sudden vibrating coming from inside my pocket. Pulling out my phone, my eyes widened at the large amount of messages that I had just received in such a short amount of time;

Hisoka

♦ Y/N <3333 (11:34 AM)
♦ Hellloooo?? (11:35 AM)
♦ Don't ignore me :(
♦ Hey
♦ Hey
♦ Hey
♦ Hey (11:36 AM)
♦ Hey
♦ Hey

What. ✿

♦ Hey
♦ Hii Dear <3 (11:37 AM)

What is it that you want Hisoka? ✿
And don't call me that 🤢 ✿

♦ You're so cute (>‿◠) ♥ (11:38 AM)
♦ Would you happen to be free this evening?

(11:39 AM) Depends. Why? ✿

♦ I want to spend time with you (-3-)

No. ✿

♦ That's not the only reason why~ (TvT) </3 (11:40 AM)
♦ I want to talk. We haven't spoken in so long, it really would be nice to catch up.
♦ Don't you think? (11:41 AM)

(11:42 AM) Will I be alone with you? ✿

♦ Would you like to be? (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

(11:43 AM) Absolutely not 💀 ✿

♦ Then no, we will not be alone together.
♦ There will be someone else <3

(11:44 AM) Who? ✿

♦ You'll see~ I'm sure you'll be very happy ( ^◡^) (11:46 AM)

_

After that, he wouldn't respond to the flurry of curious messages I sent. I was able to see that he had read them, and I'd be lying if I said that didn't place a small chip on my shoulder. However, I didn't want to get on his case about leaving me on "read" because, whenever I did he would completely ignore what I was saying and focus more on telling me how "cute" I was when irritated. Sometimes, I would even question why I still kept in contact with him.