𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 19

(This has yet to be rewritten.)

Heat scaled its way up my neck, collecting itself in my cheeks. Burning. I suddenly became aware of the newfound weight my heart had gained, feeling as though it suddenly didn't fit within the confines of my rib cage; my chest feeling tight.
Chrollo's lips were steady, soft, and gentle against my own. He had closed his eyes, and being so close, I noticed how long his eyelashes were. This man really was gorgeous.
When he pulled away, I no longer felt the warm sensation of his lips, but now a cool tingle which replaced said warmth. The rumble of the laundry machine being drowned out by the heavy thump of my own heart filling my ears.
Chrollo brought his hand up to cup my cheek, it felt significantly cold in contrast to my hot skin underneath his touch. His thumb rubbing a tender line back and forth from the corner of my mouth to the back of his hand. I let out a shaky breath that I had only now noticed I had been holding in this entire time. My mouth had gone dry, and I stared back at him with eyes open wide.

However, the intimate moment didn't last long. Chrollo had brought down his hand after just a moment and now looked at me with this newfound concern.
"I'm sorry, that was sudden. I should have asked if it was okay for me to do that." I noticed his jaw clench.
"Do what?" my voice was only a level above a whisper, and I found myself missing his touch against my cheek.
"If it was okay for me to kiss you.". Sucking in a quick breath, I brought my hands up to my lips. Pressing them together and feeling them with the pads of my fingers.
"Oh.. Right." I mouthed and I quickly realized that the man standing before me, the man whom I was dating, who was wearing my robe, and who currently smelled like my shampoo had taken my first kiss. My first kiss.. In front of a laundry machine.

"My first." I whispered, and noticed Chrollo flinch as if he had just been splattered with hot oil. His gaze that had trailed towards the machine, had now been ripped back in my direction. If I didn't have his full attention before, I certainly had it now.
"I beg your pardon?"
"That was my first kiss." I mumbled behind my hands, my throat was now so dry that it was starting to get hard to swallow. It didn't help that Chrollo was now completely gawking at me.
"Y/n, you've never kissed anyone until now?" he questioned in a deadpan tone, and suddenly I felt like panicking as I nodded. "Oh god.. You're not lying are you? You're 24 and you've never kissed anyone?" He ran his hand through his hair and leaned against the laundry machine, his frustration evident.

The previous heat in my cheeks had now come back 10 fold, but now it wasn't because of embarrassment or anxiousness, now it was because I felt anger boil in the pit of my gut.
"And? So what? Why does that matter so much?" my voice was much clearer now.
"It matters because if I had known, I wouldn't have..." his voice trailed off as a new realization flashed behind his gaze, crossing his arms in front of his chest. The oncoming of tears stinging the corners of my eyes.
"Are you a virgin?" The suddenness of the dread-laced question shot a pang at the back of my neck, the palm of my hand quickly coming in contact with his cheek.

The sound of my slap rang throughout my home, my hand feeling as though being pierced by tons of pins and needles. Chrollo, still leaning against the laundry machine, became rigid. His head now slanted to the side due to the force of my hand coming in contact with his face, looking down at the floor as his hair covered what view I had of his eyes. My chest heaved with every deep breath I took, the wonderful swelling of my heart from before was now replaced by a sharp pain.
Lifting his head up to look at me, I quickly brought my hand down to my side. Chrollo now displayed an apologetic smile, a gash in his lower lip was now evident and a small trail of blood moved down his chin. "I'm sorry, Y/n. That was rude of me." he acknowledged. He pushed himself off the machine and turned his back towards me, "You should go to bed. I'll take care of the laundry from here, no worries." His voice was flat.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

The next morning, I woke up alone; Chrollo was nowhere to be found. A note was left on my dining table, reading:

Dear Y/n,

I'm really sorry for last night. I left you some breakfast in the oven and did all the laundry for you instead of just my own. Everything is folded on the couch. I also left you money for a taxi to work today. I would have driven you but something came up.

With love,
Chrollo

I put the note back down on the table, peering in the oven to find a waffle with fruit. Guilt hugged my body as I placed it down in front of my seat and sat down.

Maybe slapping him was too much?
Maybe he was just being careful for my sake?

I ate slowly, however the more bites I took, the more I lost the motivation to finish what was on my plate.

✣...

At work, I sat at my desk and went through file after file. Photos of government workers, wanted criminals, clients, etc., piled up beside my monitor. My hands grew cold, and I began to feel irritated when my leg started falling asleep. How long had I been sitting here?
I let out an exasperated sigh and suddenly felt someone pull my office chair back. Looking behind me, I was face to face with a gaping pair of eyes.

"Did you eat today?" his monotone voice asked, Illumi's nose was practically brushing against my own for how close he was. Why was he this close in the first place?
His gaze unblinking. I couldn't stop myself from letting out a breathy laugh.
"Aww, you care?" I smiled, and sarcastically fluttered my eyelashes at him. He didn't seem too impressed. His hair was tied up in a high ponytail, two pieces separated on either side of his face. He looked good.
"No. I do not. I just believe it would be a nuisance if you were too weak to keep up with me during missions." he said matter-of-factly and I rolled my eyes. He really was cocky.

I turned away from him and continued to look through the stack of papers that seemed to be growing by the second. "Yeah? Well, we're not on a mission right now, so it wouldn't matter." I hummed. There was a moment of silence before I felt something press down on my shoulder. He was now resting his chin on me, his arms on either side of my body as he placed his hands to rest beside the files.
Jumping from the sudden contact, I turned my head to look at him. "What are you doing!?" I forced through clenched teeth.
"Looking over your work." I felt the low rumble of his voice run from my shoulder down my back.
"Last time I checked, you're not my supervisor."
"I am aware of that."
Growing more and more annoyed by the second, I jerked forward to get his head off my shoulder and quickly organized the sheets of paper in front of me. "Great, then leave me alone to work please." I shot.

More silence. This time, it lasted a while. It felt awkward knowing that he was still standing there since his shadow was still looming over me but wasn't saying anything. I couldn't properly focus, so instead, I turned around to face him completely. Ready to tell him off once more. Although, I couldn't, because he was suddenly so close again, I could feel his steady breathing flutter over my lips.
"You're angry." he whispered.
My brow furrowed as I leaned back to regain space between us. Ignoring the sudden lightness of my chest, I corrected him. "Not angry, annoyed."

Remember Me (Illumi x reader) (Modern)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें