seventeen

seventeen

Liam and Luke drove us to Harry's, Harry and I sitting hand in hand in the backseat of Liam's black Mercedes-Benz. The car ride was filled with music from the radio and Liam and Luke chattering between themselves, while Harry and I sat silently together in the backseat. Liam and Luke tried to bring us into the conversation, but neither of us really contributed. Liam and I helped Harry into his wheelchair once we reached the house, Liam then pushing him through the doors that Luke and I held open.

I had never seen Harry's house before, and it was much more beautiful than I could ever have imagined.

We pulled up to the back of the house on a short winding road that curved around a small patch of grass. The road was a full circle around the back of the house, making it easy to stop at the front door or go straight to the garage. The garage had three doors, one large one in the middle and two smaller ones on each side. There was a small crevice, I guess you could call it, that connected the house to the garage, curving the garage slightly forward. The front door was actually two, mahogany wood doors, windows above each of them. The house was one of which with sharp edges and several windows.

Inside the home, was two floors. The top floor was a loft, basically, with three bedrooms, a bathroom, and then a bathroom in the master bedroom. There was an empty area that had a railing that looked over the first floor of the house. It was basically an upstairs living room. It had a large white screen and a projector on one side, a long couch on the other, and a refrigerator at one side. Pictures of Lambeau and Harry with players, coaches, friends were hung up on the walls throughout the house. The loft hung over the kitchen and looked over the main floor's sitting room, which had wide open windows and a sliding glass door on one side. The first floor was large, the doors opened into the kitchen and dining room, which were separated by only our presence and an island jutting out of the wall in the kitchen. There was a door on the far left the led to the garage, and the room separating the house from the garage had been made into a laundry room. At the right, there was a hallway that led to two more rooms, and the door that led down to the basement.

I was suddenly very embarrassed of my house and how many nights Harry had actually stayed there when he was used to such a luxurious house, my fingers playing with the hem of my shirt.

"Have you heard from Louis?" I asked Luke when Liam and Harry had begun walking to the living room, Luke and I staying in the kitchen.

Luke shook his head and sighed, looking down at his feet. "No. Do you know where he is? I haven't heard from him in a while." He answered, making my eyes grow wide.

"Oh, shit." I said, shaking my head. "I'm sorry. I just thought Zayn or someone would've told you."

"Told me what?"

"About Louis.."

"What about Louis? What the hell are you talking about?"

I sighed and looked at my feet for a moment before looking back at Luke. "Louis...He um...He's in Wauwatosa. At a rehabilitation center. Zayn and I took him there about a week ago.."

"For what?" Luke asked quickly.

"Um, drugs. Yeah, he was doing cocaine and he wasn't eating...It was horrible..." I breathed, shaking my head as I looked down at my hands.

"Do you know why?"

"Vanessa...She was sleeping around for money because Champions is closing down. She wasn't getting a lot, so she was dressing a bit sluttier for more tips. Louis found out. I don't how. But yeah, that's pretty much why." I briefly explained, rubbing my hands over my face. "Louis loved the shit out of Vanessa and it's totally understandable that he would be hurting so much over this. I just wish he wouldn't have turned to a chemical happiness... Or whatever it made him feel.."