eight

eight

After Harry had kissed me then pulled away, we left the bar - him paying for the drinks. He drove me to Champions and left after telling me a quick goodbye and an apology.

The car ride to Champions was silent and awkward until Harry decided to turn on the radio, neither of us spoke the entire way. It was awkward and uncomfortable, but I didn't want to be the one to break the silence. Once we reached the bar, he stopped in front of the door, not looking at me as he spoke. "I'm sorry about that thing...The kiss...Um, bye.." He said before I got out of the car.

When I walked into the bar, I slunked into my normal seat as Vanessa came over with my normal beer order in her hand. "Where were you?" She asked as she set the glass in front of me, her eyebrow raised. When I looked at her, I saw she was wearing an extremely low cut shirt that showed off her breasts and a small black skirt. I knew immediately she was trying to get more tips. She had been having some trouble paying her rent. "And are you okay?" She finished.

I lifted the glass to my lips immediately and took a long drink from it, downing at least half of it before I spoke to her. "I was just out with a friend of my parents kid. We've talked before and they were visiting from out of town, so I wanted to spend some time with them." I lied with ease, my eyes darting up to meet hers.

She nodded her head and smiled slightly, patting my shoulder across the bar. "Well, I missed you." She said and I nodded, quickly finishing off my beer.

"Give me another one and two whiskey shots." I muttered as I looked down at my hands, downing the shots quickly as she gave them to me. I let out a cough before I picked up the lass of beer that was set in front of me, taking a long sip from it.

I was completely heartbroken and all I wanted to do was drink away all of my pain. I was confused and hurt and I wanted to drown out my sorrows. How could Harry just kiss me then just drop me off at the bar? I was not the one that kissed him. He kissed me. It wasn't fair that I was the one sitting in a bar and feeling like complete shit.

I looked over at the door quickly when I heard it open, silently hoping it was Harry. I rolled my eyes and turned away when I saw a short man with a fat belly and a fully beard walk through, blinking a few times when I saw Vanessa staring at me. "Where is everyone?" I asked her as I looked around for Zayn, Luke, Louis, Lauren, or even Sophia, a frown crossing my lips when I didn't see any of them.

"They're not coming." She replied, seeing her eyes were still intently watching me when I turned back.

"And why is that?" I asked her, my eyebrow raising upward.

"I didn't get an explanation." She told me, her tongue running over her bottom lip.

"Hey, bitch! Quit talking to that fag and get me a beer!" That same man that walked through the door only a moment before said from the other side of the bar, pointing directly at me.

I nodded and stood up, looking down once the man had called me that. I never really understood why people had to be cruel about someone else's sexuality. Me liking boys caused no harm. Just like him liking girls caused no harm. "I'm going to head home. It's been a long night and I'm just really tired. I'll see you tomorrow, V." I said as I set a ten dollar bill on the bar, giving her a slight smile.

"One minute." She called to him with a frown forming over her lips, shaking her head. "At least let me walk you home. I want to make sure you get there okay." She said to me as she walked out from behind the bar. "I was supposed to be off by now anyway. I was waiting to see if any of you guys would stop by."

I nodded and looked down, tucking my hands away in my jacket pockets. "Fine." I mumbled before she nodded and scurried off to the back room to gather her things. The male bartender that was working walked over to the bearded, fat man as I walked out of the bar.