ten

ten

I awoke the next morning facing Harry, his face close to mine, which made me smile. In all honesty, he was utterly adorable when he slept. His face was relaxed and his lips were pouted, but his nose would scrunch and wiggle once in a while.

I guess he could feel me staring, because after only a couple minutes his eyes fluttered open like butterflies escaping the cocoon, a tired smile etching into his lips as a dimple worked its way into his cheeks. "Hey." His voice spoke through the silent room, his voice rough in an unbelievably sexy way, and I nearly had to begin thinking of my grandmother nude to keep myself from getting too excited from it.

"Did you sleep well?" I asked him, watching as he tucked his arm underneath his cheek while his free hand reached out to run through my hair.

"Yeah, I slept well. Thank you." He said quietly, still smiling at me. He didn't have to thank me. I was happy to let him stay the night and not just because I was in love with him, but because he was clearly unhappy at his own home and he should be wherever he's happy, comfortable, and feels safe. Now, if that just so happened to be at my house, I wouldn't turn him away.

I nodded my head as I relaxed under his touch, my eyes shutting for a moment from the feeling of his hand in my hair. "No problem." I whispered and looked at him, quickly slapping my hand over my mouth when I realized I most likely had morning breath. "Jesus, I'm sorry. That's probably an awful thing to wake up to." I said quickly, my voice muffled by my hand.

Harry's hand went over mine, slowly pulling it down and away from my face. "Everyone gets it. I don't care." He told me with a chuckle, sitting up in bed. Harrys hand reached into one of the pockets on his jeans, which were still neatly folded on the nightstand, and pulled out his cell phone. His index finger held the lock button down until the small apple in the middle of the screen lit up, the photo of his slobbery dog popping up a moment later. "Shit." I heard him mutter as he got up from the bed, scrambling to gather his things. "I'm going to be late."

I frowned and quickly sat up, stretching my arms out with a yawn. "Late for what?" I asked him as I ran a hand through my hair, eventually getting up from my place on the mattress.

"There was a practice today," He said just before he began frantically typing on his phone screen, his eyebrows furrowed as he focused on whatever he was typing. I watched him, his body turning to face mine before he set his phone down atop his folded clothes. "I'm already late, so if you want, I could make us some breakfast and we could just hang out for a bit. Unless you want me to leave. If that's the case, I'll go."

I shook my head and walked over to him, laughing softly at him. I wasn't laughing in a spiteful way, but in the fond type of way. "You don't have to leave, Harry." I said softly, sighing as I rested my hand on his bicep. "I'll make breakfast. You can go sit in the living room." I told him before I walked out of the bedroom and down to the kitchen.

Harry sat in the living room and messed with the television as I made us both scrambled eggs, bacon, and fruit smoothies, carrying everything out to him. The entire meal took me at least twenty minutes. I sat beside him and set all of the food on the coffee table, glancing over at him. "I can make you something else if you don't want this although, I don't really have much.." I told him, my voice somewhat trailing off near the end.

"No, this is fine. And what do you mean you don't have much? Are you not making enough money to pay for the food? I can always help you out." Harry was speaking frantically, a worried look on his face.

I shook my head and grabbed my plate along with my fork as I leaned back against the back of the couch. "I just never go grocery shopping. I normally just go to a diner for breakfast and order in for the rest of my meals. I make enough money to take care of myself, Harry." I told him gently in attempt to ease his worries.