six

six

You are seeing things, Horan. There is no way Harry Styles just winked at you. Not you. Not the scrawny little blond boy.

But he did. Harry Styles made direct eye contact with this scrawny little blond boy and winked. He fucking winked.

I continuously told myself that Harry was not winking at me as I was walked back up to my seats by the guide, my eyebrows furrowed and my face turned to the ground. I kept trying to come up with a reasonable answer for his wink, if it was even that.

Maybe he was going to say something to me, but something got in his eye, so he just winked instead?

It wasn't too ridiculous of a reason, was it?

I wondered if I should talk to Zayn about it, but he'd probably come up with something deep and somehow inspiring that had clearly nothing to do with what we were talking about.

Lauren, maybe? No, she'd just end up making some sny remark like, "Just a wink? He could've at least smacked your ass."

Yeah, Lauren wasn't an option either.

There was always Louis, Vanessa, and Sophia, but they probably wouldn't be much help either.

Louis would probably bring up his issues with whoever he was currently having a problem with to avoid talking about me being in love with Harry. Louis had no problems with me being gay, it was more so he was worried for my self esteem and my future. He's brought it up a few times, the fact that Harry and I will never be in a relationship together and that I need to move on. I bet if I told him that about him and Vanessa he would lose his shit.

Vanessa would probably be helpful, but she would somehow incorporate her relationship with Louis and make them similar, which they were not at all. I really didn't want to deal with her talking about her and Louis.

Sophia was just too quiet to talk to. She would listen, nod, and say a couple words here and there, but she wouldn't give her feedback or opinion. That's really what I needed right now. I neede someone who would put in their opinion without being rude about it and someone who would help me figure everything out.

My best option would probably be Luke. He was always straight forward and gave logical answers that actually had to do with my original question. He was opinionated and smart. He would help me figure out a reason as to why Harry winked at me.

Maybe I just imagined it.

I sent the man a smile as I stepped back into the box, shutting the door behind me. "Niall Horan!" I heard Zayn shout and laughed as he came up behind me, his arms wrapping around my shoulders. "How was your trip to the field?"

I laughed and shoved him off, walking over to the table and popping a couple grapes into my mouth. I chewed then swallowed before telling him, "It was nice."

"Just nice?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, quickly pulling me away from the food to which I groaned in response. I was starving since I was too nervous to eat before, but now my nerves had calmed down and I didn't feel like I was going to hurl. "Was he rude to you at all? What happened? Are you hurt?" Zayn bombarded me with questions and I just stood there, waiting for him to finish.

"I'm fine," I told him once he was finished with his miniature freak out. "It was absolutely fantastic down there. The grass is so green, it could probably been mistaken as a fake. The players were so nice and warm towards me. Liam actually made me feel more comfortable around everyone. He made me feel like I was part of the team. He is absolutely the nicest guy I have ever met. I met all of the players and I was relaxed by the end. And then I met Harry. He is more beautiful up close. He's such an amazing person and he asked me about my life. He didn't just sit there and talk about himself. He listened to me and I could tell he was listening because he was making eye contact the entire time and he was watching me. His eyes never left my face while I spoke. He's so genuine and down to earth and he really cared. Meeting him just made me fall even deeper in love with him."