fourteen*

fourteen

"Niall, it's Louis. He's not well."

I scrunched my eyebrows together when I heard Zayn's words, shaking my head. That couldn't be right. I was just with them both a little while before and Zayn said he would take care of it.

"W-What do you mean he's not well?" I asked Zayn, my voice shaking. I glanced at Harry to see him giving me a puzzled look so I shook my head to say that I would explain later.

"We left the hospital and he just started getting all sweaty and his face went completely white and then he threw up all over the inside of my car. That's not the worst part about this though. When he finished throwing up, he started giving me directions to some parking lot way out of town so he could buy drugs - specifically Oxy and Coke. I took him to my place, he's resting now, but I'm looking for some medical facilities to take him to. I'm going to try and get him to eat when he wakes up, but I don't know how well he's going to be.." Zayn's voice trailed off and all I could hear was his keyboard clicking.

"Well, what do you need me to do?" I asked him softly, letting out a heavy sigh as I ran my fingers through my hair. I leaned my head back against the back of the chair and shut my eyes.

"Can you just come by and help me look for things? I need to keep an eye on Louis and I can't do that while trying to find a place for him to be sent away.." Zayn's voice slowly faded away and from the sniffling on the other end, I could tell he was crying.

"Z, I want to come over and help you, but I'm with Harry and-"

"Go." I heard someone say that wasn't Zayn or myself, but it was Harry.

I lifted my head up and looked at him, shaking my head. "What?" I asked him, my eyebrows scrunching together. I had heard what he said, but I was just so puzzled by it.

"Go." Harry repeated, only a bit louder this time as if I hadn't heard him the first time. "Louis needs you more than I do right now. Go to Zayn's, help him, and stay the night there. I'll be here when you get back. Plus, I think you deserve a proper place to sleep. You've been sleeping in a hospital chair for a while now.."

I stared at Harry, shaking my head slowly. "Harry-"

"Niall." Harry said sternly although his face was soft, his eyes staring into mine. A smile formed over his face as he nodded his head ever so slightly to the door. "Go." He whispered, his smile turning into a slight smirk.

"I'll be there soon." I said to Zayn before I hung up, slowly getting to my feet. "Don't smirk like that, Harold. It's really fucking hot and if you weren't in the hospital bed right now.." I trailed off as I groaned, Harry reaching out and taking my hand.

"I'm sorry, babe. I won't make any faces at you anymore." He told me in a playful tone with a chuckle, his calloused thumb running over my knuckles. It was refreshing to see Harry back to his normal self, it was beautiful in a way. Making jokes, stupid, stupid jokes. Smiling, talking, being a sarcastic and adorable little shit. I loved it.

I smiled at him and sat back on the edge of the bed, leaning down and connecting our lips. "I love you, Harry." I whispered against his mouth, our noses brushing against each other as our eyes were shut. At least, I knew my eyes were shut. I had no idea if Harry's were.

I felt Harry's lips curve into a smile against my own, his head nodding slowly. "I love you, Niall." He whispered back.

I smiled back at him and stood up after a brief moment of silence, walking over to the door. When I set my hand on the handle, Harry spoke up. "Niall?" He said, making me turn around to look at him as my eyebrows raised. "After that night we first had sex, remember when I asked you to move in with me?" He asked and I nodded, urging him to continue on. "You don't have to anymore. If you do, you'll just have to take care of me and I'll be way too much of a burden on your life. You'll never be able to see your friends or do anything because you're always stuck taking care of the ex football player who broke his legs." Harry looked and sounded like he was on the brink of breaking into a crying fit. I saw his jaw clench, which I figured was to keep tears from falling over onto his cheeks. Harry looked away from me and down at his legs that were covered by the perfectly white, towel-like blanket.