Chapter 2

The red castle lay and slept and down in the basement where the service flock slept only until Alecor and his men went and hurried around the whole facility with their own bell and struck it again and again to make everyone wake up big and fast so everyone could get dressed, eat their food and then go to their new or the same tasks on time as they always do every day.

Alerah and her friends woke up and screamed a little more and Alerah woke up even more when she heard them screaming and it made her get up very quickly and it made her dizzy and fell into her thin bed again.

Then Lauris came into their room and she screamed and asked everyone to hurry up and get dressed and then line up in front of their beds again.

Lauris always gets the first day with the new ones to make sure they stick to their places and are not visible to the rich and important people.

"Today you will all clean up and wash Princess Elia's coffee and rest room today and she will be nearby with her royal children and NOW you promise to obey orders and if you disobey your very first day it will be now bloody punished." Lauris said sternly, but it was also the case that she wanted and had to do her duty as a pillar of staff and obey neither the king nor the queen's words.

Which, of course, was Targaryen's promising words that have been kept for hundreds of years. But anyway Alerah went with everyone else and glared forward but hid it very well so no one could realize that she came up with horrible thoughts about Lauris and Alecor and many others that she will get to know who want to hurt her.

Alerah arrived at the castle's kitchen and a pitiful large cauldron stood a little outside the entire large magnificent kitchen with all the metal and iron built into all the stone and proved what a rich and executed kitchen it was.

But the cauldron that stood in front of the line of servants was their breakfast and it was a kind of nutritious wheat soup and everyone got a whole wooden bowl of that and Alerah had to hurry to take her things and then eat the food. It was nutritious at least and already after 4-5 spoons the mouth became full before the stomach definitely wanted to be and it was terrible to eat everything because it was a rule when it came to all the food the service received every day so every part that remained must be eaten to make everyone strong and not long for a certain richer eating habit.

After the meal, Alecor quickly checked if everyone had eaten and up Alerah who was new had to show her bowl that she has done as she should do and then he asked that she and her group would immediately hurry to Lauris and get three buckets of clean water and plenty of wash towels and brushes if needed.

All the girls immediately got to their feet and went to their teacher who was waiting for it with a hard look and she saw that it had been shown where and which room was the store with the tools they use. Which was the only thing that made Lauris happy but said nothing and turned around and went to Prince Rhaegar's and Princess Elia's floor in the castle and the girls knew of course that even without orders they would do their duty and obey and follow Lauris.

Up on the royal floor itself was already Princess Elia with her little daughter Rhaenys and her newborn son Aegon who was only a few months old and he was completely healthy and wanted to eat from dear mother every day.

Her husband Prince Rhaegar was also there and had chosen to have breakfast with his family and support his own wife who for another day did not feel so well and it was quite common for Elia to deny it sometimes.

"Is he sleeping again mom?" Rhaenys asked her mother and stood next to her at her mother's knees, trying to climb to see her little brother.

"Yes my sweet he sleeps and has already eaten enough for the moment. And you have to be a little quieter otherwise he will be sorry to wake him." Elia said to her daughter with a tired and happy smile.