Chapter 2

To say the trio was shocked was an understatement. They had heard story's of Dawn from he Mikaelson's as she was the light in their life's. To be honest some times they didn't believe the Originals when they spoke about her, but when they did they spoke about as she was an angel, the didn't believe that the Mikaelson's could be blessed with such a person, such a woman. Rebekah spoke about her the most though she didn't want her memory to be forgotten so any chance she had she spoke about her. The rest was another story Kol didn't speak about her at all it hurt to much, and Niklaus and Elijah only spoke of her sometimes as it also pained them but also like Rebekah they didn't want her memory forgotten. Finn could barely talk about considering he was daggered in a coffin for 900 years but when he was out he talked to sage about her, Finn didn't have any romantic feelings towards her it was more of a brother sister bond and sage knew that but sometimes she couldn't help but feel jealous when he spoke about her.

"are you okay?" the girl asked, confused to as why they were staring at her wide eyes. Dawns voice snapped the trio out of there trance.

"yeah, were okay?" Damon questioned uncertain. I mean what if it was a trick, what if it was a trick for the Mikaelson's to hurt them, emotionally, what if someone wants revenge and knows their past, What if this is an illusion a magic trick a cruel joke.

"are you sure?" Dawn pressed on as she could feel the tense atmosphere.

"yeah, why don't you get some sleep you can stay in the guest room" Stefan said not waiting for her response and walked up the stairs hinting for her to follow and she did.

she sat on the queen sized bed and smiled in satisfaction she had never felt anything more comfy as she had never had such a comfy bed, Back in the other world they slept on the floor and she has been buried under ground for 1000 years.

"what year is it?" Curiosity had got the best of Dawn, it was obvious that she wasn't in the 11th century any more she wanted know if her family was still alive, she did know they were immortal but even immortal's find a way to die eventually. She knew that they would die at some point but she hoped that they weren't dead yet, she missed them, she missed arguing with Nik, she missed gossiping with Bekah, she missed spending time with Elijah an Finn, she missed her love, her soulmate, she missed him the most.

"its...2015" Stefan replied reluctantly expecting this question sooner or later. The girls Ocean eyes that looked calm like after a storm widened in shock she didn't expect it too be so long. A thousand years, she wondered what they had done without her how much trouble they got in, If Nik had embraced his wolf side, if Rebekah and Finn had found love, If Elijah had still kept his promise to her to look over their family, she wondered if Kol had moved on. It hurt her thinking about how much she missed how she left Kol how she couldn't protect her self against Mikael.

Guilt consumed her like it was taking every breath from her. she needed to find them she needed to hug them, hear their voices, their laugh, see their faces, she needed to kiss Kol again.

Stefan saw guilt in her eyes he was confused to as why it wasn't her fault Mikael killed her "hey, you know its not your fault right, they don't blame you for dying they blame their father" Stefan reasoned.

Dawns head snapped up at him. He knew them. He knew them personally. she could see it in his eyes when he spoke. "you know them? you know Nik, Kol, Bekah, Elijah and Finn?" she choked out, on the verge of tears. Stefan realised his mistake now when speaking, he mentally slapped himself in the face for not being careful. he nodded his head shyly. "can you take me to them? I need to see them" Dawn explained, emphasizing the need.

"yes, yes I can. but for now get some rest you've had a rough couple of hours"

Dawn nodded and as if on cue she yawned and climbed under the cotton, silk covers and drifted off into a dreamless sleep.