Chapter 10

Dawn pulled Kol down the street and into an ally way, Kol was super confused to as why Dawn was pulling him away in such a rush. Dawn wanted to talk about Kol's little slip up in his words, she wasn't angry at him as they had been apart for a thousand years. Dawn let go of Kol's hand and fiddled with her fingers nervously out of habit, Kol grabbed her hands, he always hated when she did that.

"What's wrong love?" Kol asked raising his eyebrows at her. Dawn took a deep breath.

"I- do you- do you not want to get married any- anymore?" Dawn questioned turning her head not wanting to look in his eyes, she was super nervous for his answer and slightly embarrassed, what she didn't expect was for Kol to throw his head back and laugh. Dawn's gaze went back to the original vampire Dawn's eyebrows knitted together.

"No, no" he said smiling and Dawns face dropped "I mean yes, yes I would love to marry you darling, its just" Kol said swiftly while the colour came back on Dawn's face "the question is really do you want to marry me" Dawn looked at him like he was stupid, of course she wanted to marry him what kind of question is that. "I've changed Dawn, I'm not the same boy I was a thousand years ago, I've done things horrible, horrible things" he looked down in regret, Dawn didn't blame him though she would have probably done the same if she was in his shoe's, I mean those first couple of days with out him was hell she carnet even imagine what the last thousand years has been like.

"hey, hey" Dawn said softly grabbing Kol's face and lifting it up so she could see his eyes "I don't blame you, okay" Kol nodded and kissed her lips softly as an okay, Dawn pulled away and they rested each others heads on each other. "maybe we should take this slow and see were it leads mm?" Dawn hummed quietly.

"yeah" Kol breathed out "come on I want to show you something" he said suddenly turning around and crouching for Dawn to get on his back she scrunched her nose up "come on" he urged "Just like old times" that last sentence made her swiftly jump on excited wondering where they were going, Kol gripped the bottom of her thighs making sure she doesn't fall off while Dawns arms hung around Kol's neck as she admired the wonderful streets of New Orleans.

*****

Davina and Josh were at Rousseau's bar in the French quarter with Cami as the bartender. Davina had just ordered a coke as she was only sixteen, but josh had compelled a different bartender for a glass of bourbon, the three had made small talk for a while until Josh had said something about meeting Dawn.

"So" Josh started gaining the attention of the two girls "I met someone new today and saw something awfully strange" Davina nodded in confusion and Cami gestured for him to carry on "Dawn" he paused for a moment "with Kol?" he said in a questioning way still confused on their relationship. Davina made an 'O' sad face she still like Kol that couldn't just disappear because his true love came back from the dead.

"what was she like?" Cami asked, yet to meet the infamous woman named Dawn Elodie. Cami was curious about the girl she had never met anyone who could make Klaus Mikaelson speak so fondly about someone, anyone. much less a girl.

"She was a beauty, her voice compelled you into anything, her looks made boys drool and made girls be green with envy." Josh described sighing thinking about the girl, he wasn't attracted to her in that way as he was gay but he couldn't help but think of her, she was a delicate vase and with one wrong move it would just shatter into pieces so small that you could not repair it.

"yes but you know what they say behind the beautiful rose there are ugly thorns" Davina said bitterly which made Josh and Cami frown, yes she was angry to Kol but it wasn't Dawn's fault he strung her along. what the trio didn't notice was a certain moral original vampire behind them listening.