Chapter 1

(Freya's pov)

I opened my eyes to sunlight streaming through the window. It took me a few seconds to realise where I was. I was no longer in the comfortable dorms at Hogwarts, rather back at my Aunt and Uncle's house, in my cousins second bedroom. I sat up in bed and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. I looked around the empty room, which consisted of a couple of trunks and a few cages. There was a small wardrobe in the corner and two beds squished against the wall.

I saw my twin brother, Harry, stirring from underneath his covers, and he turned over in his sleep. There was a small sweat formed on his brow, meaning he'd had another nightmare last night.

Ever since last year, the two of us were constantly plagued with night terrors. Harry's were always worse than mine, considering he had witnessed Cedric's death at the end of our fourth year as well. But I was being tormented by them after our Godfather Sirius had been killed at the end of last year. We were both constantly reliving that moment, and it broke me every time. I tried to keep my emotions hidden after those dreams, but it was so difficult, and most of the time I woke up crying.

Both Harry and I had been close to Sirius, because of losing our parents at such a young age, and he was one of the only people who knew them, and still talked about them. It was very difficult growing up without them, our Aunt and Uncle weren't particularly the nicest people, for the first eleven years of our lives, they made Harry sleep in the cupboard under the stairs, and I slept on the sofa, and when something bad happened I had to sleep outside.

Even though we were both Potters, and we were twins, Harry was definitely more famous than me. People did still know who I was, but didn't recognise me nearly as much as they did Harry. He was the one who had supposedly, 'vanquished' the Dark Lord, and I was nowhere near what had happened. But I was quite happy with that, as I was quite a shy person, and wasn't very social, even at Hogwarts.

I had Harry, and our two best friends, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger, but usually I just let them do all the talking. We had other friends as well, such as Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood, as well as many other Gryffindors and some of the other houses who were in Dumbledore's Army last year, who didn't really pay me much attention. We also had a few enemies within the school, mostly Draco Malfoy and his crew of Slytherin cronies.

I was brought out of my thoughts by Harry groaning and opening his eyes. I giggled softly as he sat up in bed, looking rather grumpy. He turned to face me and sent me a light glare, which only made me giggle more. He reached over and grabbed his glasses from his bedside table, unlike me, he had inherited our father's bad eyesight, while I took after our mother.

According to our friends and family the same could be said for our looks. Harry was a perfect copy of our father, and I was that of my mother, but our eyes were switched, he had Lily's eyes, whereas I had James's.

I peeled the blanket off me and clambered out of bed. I stretched out my stiff muscles and turned back to Harry. He was still sitting in bed, looking tired as ever and I smiled at him. "So, where shall we go today?" I asked. Over the summer we had been leaving our Aunt and Uncle's house, and been going everywhere possible to avoid them. Harry looked thoughtful for a second before turning to me and answering.

"How about we go to the train station, I like watching the trains, and there's a small café we could sit in, I need to read that Daily Prophet Hermione sent me and I don't think it would be appreciated if I did it here." I nodded and started getting ready for the day.

Once I had got dressed and fixed my hair into a messy bun, I went downstairs, Harry was still in our room, trying to tame his wild hair. I went through to the kitchen and poured both Harry and me a bowl of cereal. I saw that Dudley was sitting in the lounge scoffing some bacon and eggs, and Aunt Petunia was out in the garden, doing some weeding. Uncle Vernon wasn't there, so I presumed he left early for work.

After eating and ensuring that Harry ate as well, we grabbed a few things, including our wands just in case, and made our way out of the house. I saw our Aunt sent us a suspicious look, but she didn't question us, none of our three relatives had spoken a word to us so far this summer, but I certainly wasn't complaining.

Harry sat in the coffee shop in the station for most of the day, around lunch time I left him and wandered around the city for a little bit, before returning to him. He ordered himself a coffee and me a hot chocolate before we sat down and relaxed in the evening. Harry was reading the Prophet and I was staring blankly at the front cover, trying to hold in my anger towards the Ministry, as it said rude things about Harry and Dumbledore.

I noticed that Harry was talking to one of the girls that was working here, and I sent a smirk in his direction. He blushed lightly, but then rolled his eyes at me. I looked over the platform and saw that there was an advert for a perfume called 'Magic', how convenient.

Suddenly a train flew past us and I saw someone's feet appear behind the train. I tugged gently on Harry's sleeve and pointed in the direction of the train. We were both staring at that spot, and when the train had passed through and disappeared, Professor Dumbledore was standing on the other side. Harry and I shared a look and grabbed all our things together, heading onto the other platform to see what Dumbledore wanted.