Chapter 5

(Freya's pov)

My eyes fluttered open, and I groaned at the bright light surrounding me. After a few seconds, my eyes had adjusted, and I opened them wide to see the roof of the Hospital Wing. I wasn't surprised to see it though, considering I had been knocked out by whatever Parkinson had done. I also wasn't surprised by the numb headache that filled the back of my head. I must've taken a pretty hard fall to the floor. It certainly felt like one at least.

I groaned slightly and sat up in the bed. All the sheets were pristine white, as per usual, and the curtains around one of the beds was pulled together. I presumed it was some Gryffindor student as we were usually the only ones that got into trouble, especially during the first week back.

I looked around my bedside, expecting to see my brother and friends, but instead I was met with the twinkling blue eyes of Professor Dumbledore. I was slightly confused, and concerned as to why he was here. We'd just spoken yesterday, even if it were only in passing, and he usually only came here when something bad had happened. Even so I smiled at him, and he returned the gesture.

"Good morning, my name is Professor Dumbledore, I'm Headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry." He said, smiling at me over his half-moon glasses. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I know who you are Professor, I'd be concerned if someone who went to the school didn't." I replied calmly, even though I knew my confusion merged into my voice.

"Well, that's good, but I'm sorry to inform you that I do not know who you are, my dear. May you tell me your name." He asked, as he sat down in the chair beside my bed. Now I knew my confusion was clear on my face. "But, Professor, we just spoke yesterday, I said hello to you in the corridor, and we talked about Spark, do you not remember? Is something wrong?" I asked him in concern. Then a look of confusion passed through his face this time.

"I can assure you my dear, we have never met, for I never forget a face." I bit my lip, a habit I tended to do when I was nervous, and stared at Dumbledore as he was thinking about something. "If you know me, but I don't know you, perhaps for me we haven't met yet. Tell me, my dear, what date do you think it is?" the Professor asked. I was confused at his question, but answered it anyway.

"The seventh of September 1996, sir." I replied. He nodded his head in thought and said. "I'm sorry to tell you this, but it's the seventh of September 1977." My mouth fell open in shock. I had gone twenty years into the past. But how was that possible, I didn't have a Time-Turner, and I don't think they even went back in years, the one Hermione had, certainly didn't.

It took me a while to wrap my head around what Dumbledore had said, there were so many stray thoughts running through my mind. But at the forefront was thoughts of Harry, I knew how much he was struggling this year, and knowing him better than anyone, I was always his rock, the one he would go to when he needed help, and the other way around as well. What were we to do now, especially because I didn't know if I could get back or not.

"My name is Freya, Freya Potter," I said, answering his earlier question, "and I'm in my sixth year of Hogwarts, in Gryffindor." Dumbledore nodded and had an almost playful glint in his eyes. "Any relation to Mr James Potter, he's one of the students here?" He asked me.

My eyes widened, and my head shot up, at the mention of my dad's name. He was here, at Hogwarts. That meant my mum must be here too, and Sirius and Remus. I could meet them all when they were young and carefree. My mind was racing at the possibilities that could happen while I was here. Then I suddenly remembered a film that Dudley used to watch called Back to the Future, Marty had gone back in time and almost killed himself, what if I accidentally did that.

My brain was having an internal battle of whether to tell Dumbledore who I actually was and eventually I decided he was trustworthy enough. He had always helped us all as much as possible, and I knew he wouldn't tell anyone if I didn't want him to, he was very good at keeping secrets. "Yeah, actually I do, he's my dad." I said in a timid voice.

"Well, I will try my hardest to send you home to the right time, but for now I think it's best if you attend lessons with the other students and keep this time-travelling stuff a secret. Now, what year did you say you were in again?" He replied, extremely calmly, also making my stress levels drop considerably. I nodded at his first statement, as I was eager to return to the correct time, as well as the second one. Then I answered his question.

"I was in my sixth year, I just started it last week." I said. Dumbledore nodded and stood from the seat. "Right, I'll send up a few girls from your year to help with the welcome, and I'll get a schedule written up for you. We'll tell the student body that you were home-schooled before, and an unforeseen predicament has led you to Hogwarts. And we better give you a new surname, any you'd like?" he asked me, smiling down at me.

I thought about it for a second, I didn't really mind, but I wanted something that fit my name, and that I wouldn't forget. "How about Whiteford, that sounds nice, and I'll remember it, because it was my friend's surname when I was a kid." I told him my five N.E.W.T subjects before he nodded briefly, and looked at me one last time and made his way out of the Hospital Wing.

Almost as soon as he'd left a woman walked out from the office. I got a better look at her as she came close, and I realised it was a younger Madam Pomfrey. It was odd seeing her younger, but she still had the same kind smile adorned on her face. "Well, I thought he'd never leave, I've given you a pain-weakening potion, to soothe your headache, if it comes back, just come back to me and I'll give you something stronger, other than that you are free to go when the other girls get here."

I nodded and smiled at her kind word, she wasn't very different from the Madam Pomfrey who still worked at Hogwarts in twenty years. But seeing people younger would definitely be something that I'd have to get used to.