Chapter 33

(Freya's pov) (Going to be jumping forward in time throughout the chapter)

Lessons in my parents' time went by quickly, I didn't know what it was, but maybe it was not having the constant fear that someone was going to pop up and try and kill me every turn I took. I always ate breakfast and dinner with the boys and girls, and most of the time I would have lunch in the Room of Requirement, Remus often joining me. I had been getting less nightmares about Sirius, but when I did they always felt so much more vivid, and I could barely breathe when I woke up.

My lessons were all going well, and Professor Kettleburn was very impressed with my work in Care of Magical Creatures, and the way every creature seemed to adore me, no matter how dangerous they were. I also spoke to him a few times about career options, as I knew most of them were still around in my time, so once I got home I could look into them after the war was over, presuming that we won.

"Hey, it's Freya, right?" I heard someone ask, making me look up from a copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. I noticed that it was one of the Hufflepuff girls from Care of Magical Creatures, so I nodded and closed my book gently. "I'm sorry to bother you, it's just I was wondering if you'd help me with the homework for Care of Magical Creatures?" She asked, and I nodded again, motioning for her to sit next to me.

"I'm Eliza, by the way." She said, and I smiled and pulled out the book I had used for the homework. "Here, this should get you started, Chapters 3 and 7 are probably the best for this essay, and if you need anything else, just ask." I said, handing the girl the rather large volume. I continued reading my book while she started to scribble down her essay, occasionally asking me a question of two. It was almost dinner time when the girl stood up and announced that she'd finished.

"Thank you so much, you've been a great help." She said, as I also stood up to go down to dinner. "No problem, if you ever need help with anything else, just ask." I said, taking the book back and putting it in my bag. "I will." She said, before bouncing away and out of the library. I put Fantastic Beasts back on the shelf and made my way down to dinner, joining my friends once I'd seen them.

I sat in between Dorcas and Alice, with Lily and Frank sitting opposite us. I talked for a little while about the Herbology lesson we'd had earlier, and what plans we had for over the weekend. We all had some homework to do, so we agreed that we would get it out of the way tomorrow morning, and then we were free to do whatever we wanted for the rest of the day.

Once we were all finished eating we walked back to the Common Room, and I chatted with Peter about the latest sweet treat that his mother had sent him. We all sat in the Common Room for a bit, before going up to our rooms, agreeing to meet in the Common Room after breakfast tomorrow. The girls and I got ready for bed and I fell asleep pretty quickly.

We spent the weekend all together as a group, and it was relatively uneventful other than some Slytherins trying to wind James and Sirius up, resulting in Frank and Remus pulling them away and preventing a fight from breaking out. We sat next to the lake as we had done many times and Remus and I quietly made plans to go to the Room that night, which we did, both reading silently as we munched on some sweets.

Classes went by as usual that week, and soon enough the leaves in the forest were changing colour and everyone was starting to get excited for the Halloween weekend. I had met with Dumbledore a few times, trying to figure out how to get me home, but I told him that I was okay with staying in this time as long as needed. I was really enjoying getting to know my parents and their friends, especially because I knew what was coming for most of them.

As October crept up on us, Professor Kettleburn insisted that we have some lessons just within the Forbidden Forest to observe the difference in behaviour as the creatures surroundings changed, and more of the teachers were expecting us to be using non-verbal spells. It was around a week before Halloween when I was completing some work for Transfiguration in the library when Marlene brought up Halloween.