Chapter 20

(James pov)

I watched as Freya rushed up the stairs to her room, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, she was a very strange girl, never really letting anyone in and acting comfortable one minute, then changing the next minute. I basically threw myself at the sofa and let out a sigh. I reached for my own bag, opening it to see a few stray pieces of parchment and a book of some kind.

I hadn't even been paying attention in Herbology earlier, so I didn't know what homework we had to do. I had to make sure that I asked Moony about that tonight.

I lifted my head up at the sound of the portrait hole opening and I saw that people started coming into the Common Room after dinner. I smiled as I noted my three mates come through and come over to me. "In our room." I said, already knowing what Pads was going to ask me. Sirius chuckled and sat down on another sofa, and Remus and Peter got comfortable on the floor.

I was about to say something else, but a flash of ginger hair caught my eye, causing me to smirk. "Hey, Lily, date?" I yelled, already knowing the answer. I saw her head turn in my direction and was met with a glare. I smiled uneasily and put my head down. I knew I would get a date out of her some day, i just had to keep trying, that's what dad told me.

"C'mon Prongs, you've been chasing the same girl for six years, move on." Sirius said, groaning at my attempt. "Oh shut up Black, just because you can't keep a girl for a week." I said, biting back at my best friend. "Why don't both of you shut up and focus on school, instead of your horrible love lives." Moony said, making me roll my eyes.

He couldn't talk, he had barely talked to any girls, and had never asked one out, so he couldn't complain about our love lives when his was non-existent. However, I kept my tongue as I knew the real reason that he didn't want to ask anyone out due to his furry little problem.

"Hey, have any of you seen Freya, she wasn't at dinner." Someone said, and I looked up to see it was Dorcas. "Yeah, she was here during dinner, but I managed to get us some food. She went up to her dorm to do some homework." I said, laying back down, ignoring the thank you I got from the girl.

Sirius grabbed my attention and we started talking about the things that had been delivered for our pranks, with Pete hopping into the conversation every so often. Moony was seemingly somewhere else as he stared into the fireplace, a far off look on his face. We had all come to know not to bother him while he was in this state after having to spend a week in the Hospital Wing due to his extremely powerful jinxes.

"Did you take Freya down to the kitchens?" I heard Remus ask, making me look at him. "Yeah, she hadn't had anything to eat for dinner and I knew that she didn't eat much at lunch. Why?" I told Remus, sitting up on the sofa so I was only taking up one seat.

"James! If she knows where it is, that means she could go there by herself." Moony said, standing up and coming over to sit by me. "So? That seems better for her, I don't think she likes people that much." Pads said, making me and Wormy nod. That was definitely true.

"It's not that, I know she may be more comfortable there, but what if a teacher catches her, it's literally her first week, if a teacher does find her they'll know that someone showed her, and the blame will be pointed towards us." Remus explained, sitting back in her chair.

"Yeah, but surely she won't get caught, right James?" Peter said, and I nodded in response. "Yeah, c'mon Moony, she's smart." I said, making the werewolf beside me grumble, but not say anything.

We continued to talk about our big prank and started planning when we were going to do it, but soon Peter looked behind us and piped up. "James, Lily's coming over." He said, making me turn around and smile as I saw that Lily was heading in our direction.

However it was short lived as I realised that she was looking annoyed. "WHat did you do to her, Potter?" She asked, folding her arms across her chest. "Who? What?" I asked, really confused, having no idea what she was talking about.

"Freya, she's closed her curtains around her bed and won't talk to any of us, what did you do to her?!" She yelled at me, and I just shrugged my shoulders. "I have no idea, we just talked about each other, and quidditch, nothing out of the ordinary." I said, truly not thinking that there was anything I could have said that would upset her.

"Well you obviously said something." She said, before sighing and going back into the gaggle of people who were lingering in the Common Room. I groaned, causing Pads to chuckle and I sent him a light glare. "C'mon I want to see what we've got." Sirius said, bounding out of his chair. I let out a breath and stood up as well, helping Wormy up and following after Pads and Moony.

Once up there we went through everything we'd gotten. We decided when we were going to do the prank, but I couldn't keep thinking about Freya. I was pretty sure that I hadn't said anything to upset her, but then again she had seemed pretty out of it coming back from the kitchens, and she rushed off pretty quickly when we got back, especially since it had been her idea to try and do our Herbology homework together.

"Oh, Remus, I need help with the Herbology." I said, and Moony looked up from where he was trying to stop Sirius from creating something with our new equipment. "What do you need help with?" He asked, pushing Sirius onto his bed, causing Wormy to giggle. "Umm, what do we need to do?" I asked, scratching the back of my head. "Well, for a start, you could listen." He said, making me roll my eyes and flop onto my bed.