Chapter 32

(Freya's pov)

I had been in my parent's time for two weeks now, and everything was surprisingly normal for me. I was used to everything being so confusing in my own time, someone always wanting my brother dead what felt like every other week. It was also nice that people's eyes in the corridor were on us because we were popular, not because someone had spread a new rumour about us. I had heard many fanciful tales over the years that I no longer trusted anything about my friend group that they hadn't told me themselves.

However, things were different here, there was still a little terror in the air, but I had been told that disappearances weren't frequent, and whoever was doing it was only targeting Muggles, so everyones families were safe. This made me feel better, because since Voldemort had returned at the end of fourth year the terror that I had heard about from Remus and Sirius, it got really bad in their time, exactly like what was happened in my own time.

"Hey, Freya!" I heard someone call and I turned to see that it was Sirius coming over to where I was sitting on the windowsill in the Common Room. "Hey." I said, moving my legs into me so Sirius could join me. The black-haired boy joined me and stared out at the grounds of the school for a second. I raised my eyebrow slightly, not expecting the boy to just sit there in silence.

"Is everything okay, Sirius?" I asked, a suspicious tone laced through my voice. "Yeah, why?" He asked, making me let out a breathless chuckle. "Well, first of all, when you came over here it sounded like you needed something, and also you're not with James or Remus. I don't think I've ever seen you without the other two." I said, and the boy in front of me blushed slightly and looked down at his lap.

"Yeah, okay, you caught me. I was thinking about a prank that we could pull on the Slytherin that includes fire, and I was gonna ask you if you're okay with us using Spark, but Remus thought that it wouldn't be okay to ask you because then you'll get in trouble. But I just managed to get away from him, so can we please use Spark?" He said, very quickly, without taking a breath. I shook my head and laughed. I should have known that something like this was going to happen sooner or later. Fred and George were always asking if Spark could 'accidentally' set someone on fire.

"You can use him if you want, but you have to be able to instruct him on what to do, I can't do it for you." I said, and Sirius' face lit up. "Thank you!" He cried, before hitting my shoulder and racing away from the chair I was in. I chuckled as he sprinted up the stairs towards his dorm and then went back to my book. I was reading up on something for Care of Magical Creatures as I knew that we would be moving on to something else next lesson.

I ended up finishing the book and then I decided to go up to the dorm that I had left earlier as Marlene was napping and her snoring was getting very annoying. I went up the stairs and went into our room, noticing that the shower was now on, so Marlene must have been in there. I placed my book in my satchel so that I could hand it back to Madam Pince when I was next in the library and scratched under Spark's chin.

"Come on, the boys want your help with some mischief." I said, and the small creature pricked its head up. He was always too willing to help with Fred and George's pranks. I opened the window and Spark flew out, presumably going to see the boys, making me smile at him. I checked the time and realised that I had a little while before dinner so thought that I would take this opportunity to go to the Room of Requirement. There were a few muggle books in there that I had wanted to grab last time I was there but hadn't had the chance.

Therefore, I left the dorm and started to walk through the relatively empty corridors of the castle, smiling at a few Gryffindors that I recognised. Once I reached the entrance to the Room I paced back and forth three times, waiting patiently for the door to appear before I disappeared inside it. I smiled at the familiar sight of the fantasy-like library that I was in.