Chapter 6

(Freya's pov)

My head lifted from where it was staring at my hands, when the doors to the Hospital opened. A group of five girls walked in, clad in Gryffindor uniforms. I smiled as I finally heard some noise as their talking reached my ears. The first thing I noticed in their group was an excited redhead who didn't look too dissimilar to me.

They all gathered around my bed, the redhead stood by my feet. There was a slightly awkward silence for a few moments, before I decided that it would be best if I introduced myself to them, considering they were probably going to end up being my roommates. "Hi, my name's Freya Whiteford." I said in a small voice, trying not to make any eye contact, as my shy side surfaced in front of these new people.

The first one to respond was a beautiful girl who had dark skin that complimented her curly dark brown hair. Her brown eyes were full of light and her lush pink lips were pulled into a smile, that only seemed to light up the place more. "Hello, I'm Dorcas, Dorcas Meadowes, it's really nice to meet you." She said energetically, her curls bouncing up and down. I smiled at her lightly, not recognising the name she'd given me.

Next to introduce herself was the girl next to her, she had long light brown hair, wonderful soft hazel eyes, that looked very kind. She had a small, nervous smile on her, and was twiddling with her fingers, so I presumed that she was shy and nervous like me. "Hi, I'm Alice Fortescue." I looked at her features and realised she reminded me of someone.

It took a lot for me not to gasp as I realised that Neville's mother was standing in front of me. They did look very similar, and I could see that he's got his tendencies from her. I gave her a reassuring smile, glad to see a somewhat familiar face. The next to speak was on the other side of the bed. She had olive coloured skin and jet-black wavy hair that stretched down her back. She had deep brown eyes, that would usually seem scary, but there was a gentleness to them. Her face adorned a small smile as she introduced herself to me.

"Hi, my name's Mary Macdonald." I nodded at her, not recognising her name either. Then the girl on her right spoke. She was the tallest of the five and looked rather intimidating to me, with a stern look on her face. She had shoulder length wavy blonde hair, and blue eyes that reminded me of the ocean. She looked at me as though she was trying to decipher what I was thinking, before introducing herself. "I'm Marlene McKinnon." I gave her a nervous, but warm smile and her face broke into a small smile, before returning to its original expression.

I only just recognised her name. I think Sirius had mentioned it in passing, but I couldn't remember why. Finally the bubbly girl stood by my feet. She had tidy orange hair that looked slightly wavy, as if it had been curled recently, and her bright green eyes lit up the room.

I had to bite back tears as I looked into her eyes, they were exactly the same green as Harry's and it brought back memories of people telling us he had our mother's eyes, and I had our father's. I sent a small smile at the girl, not wanting her to think that I was being sad just by looking at her and she smiled back at me. "My name's Lily Evans, I'm one of the Gryffindor prefects. Something went wrong with our dorm, so we've always had six beds instead of five, but now we have someone to fill it."

She beamed widely at me, and I nodded, trying to take in the fact that my teenage mum was standing in front of me. I smiled nervously at my new roommates, curious to find out how we would all get along, and what they were all taking for their N.E.W.T's. After another bit of awkward silence, I decided that it was time for us to go, so I pulled the covers off me and got out the bed.

"Oh, you've already got your uniform, that's good." Dorcas said as she moved next to me. I smiled lightly, but didn't respond. "You're very quiet, aren't you?" Marlene said as we started walking towards the doors. I nodded as she sent me a few glances. The others didn't seem to notice though, as they were already making their way out the door.

The corridor wasn't large enough for the six of us to walk next to each other, so Lily and Alice walked alongside me, and the other three were behind us. We walked down the stairs and into the main castle. They'd told me that they had special permission to take me on a tour of the castle. I was slightly annoyed, because I did already know my way around, but they couldn't know that.

Most of the time I was vaguely listening to what the girls were saying as they explained the different parts of the castle, and some interesting facts about them. But mostly I was trying to find differences between their Hogwarts, and mine. Unsurprisingly, there weren't many, just a few out of place knick-knacks, nothing entirely weird, but I was pretty sure that Hogwarts hadn't changed much since it was built.

One of the last rooms we headed towards was the Transfiguration classroom. This is what I was most excited about because McGonagall was one of my favourite teachers. We went in and Lily told me about the room, and I found out that all of them, bar Mary, were taking the subject this year.

Just as they started to describe McGonagall to me, I heard someone clear their throat behind me. Dorcas immediately stopped talking and we all turned around to see a Professor standing in front of us. My eyes widened at the witch. I could easily tell who she was, due to her cat-like eyes and stern face, but she was also definitely different. She was more youthful, and seemed to have more energy about her.

"Professor McGonagall, we didn't mean to intrude, we were instructed to show Freya here, around the school, we can leave if you want us to." Mary said, a slight nervous tone filling her voice. I looked up at the Professor, waiting for her reaction. To my surprise a small, but comforting, smile appeared on her face.

"No, it's quite alright girls, I actually hoped I'd bump into you and be able to welcome our newest Gryffindor. It's wonderful to meet you Miss Whiteford, I hope you'll enjoy your time at Hogwarts, and in my lessons. Now I'm sorry girls, but I'm going to need my room back." She said in her soft Scottish accent. I gave her a small smile, hoping she knew that I appreciated the welcome, and followed the girls as they led me out the room.

Soon enough we were at the bottom of the moving staircases. I looked up at them and almost huffed in annoyance. They were a lot slower than they were in my day, and they looked a lot easier to manage. Maybe they got bored over the years, and wanted to have more fun with the students.

Lily must've mistaken my look for one of shock, because she placed a reassuring hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't worry, you'll get the hang of them in the end." I went along with it and smiled nervously, before we went up to where the Fat Lady was sitting in her portrait, talking to someone. As we approached she looked up and asked us for the password.

"This is the entrance to the Common Room, we have a Password that changes every three weeks, and will be posted on the notice board, or you could just ask one of us, we'll probably know, but for now it's Muffledust. They are very strange sometimes." Marlene explained to me. I smiled and nodded at her. The portrait swung open and revealed the homely Common Room I was so used to seeing.