Chapter 24

I felt someone poking my shoulder and mumbled as I felt myself being pulled from the comfort of sleep. "Freya, come on, you need to wake up." I heard a male voice say, making my eyes flutter open gently. I groaned as I saw a bright light, streaming through some windows.

Once my eyes had adjusted to the light I noticed that Remus was standing in front of me, smiling gently. "Come on, it's almost time for breakfast." He said, before moving over to one of the other chairs and pulling a robe from it. I sat up and felt something fall off me. I looked down and saw that there was now a blanket in my lap, making me smile. I got off the sofa and cleaned myself up with a spell, secretly casting it on Remus as well, which fixed his slightly crazy hair.

"Do you think we can take books out of here?" Remus asked, looking at one of the shelves. I shrugged my shoulders and gathered a few of my things together. I stood up and then turned to Remus who was putting a few books in a satchel. "Come on, let's go." I said, going over to the door and holding it open for him. We walked out of the room and headed to the Great Hall.

We noticed that there were quite a few people there, but none of our friends were there so we found an empty spot on the Gryffindor table and sat down, grabbing a few things to eat. "Hey Remus. Do you think that maybe you could keep the Room a secret? Only for a little bit, so that I can go there when this place gets too overwhelming." I said, and the boy looked at me, a soft look in his eyes.

"Okay." He said, nodding his head, causing me to let out a smile. I nodded in thanks and then looked over at the students, who were starting to leave. "Let's head to Defense against the Dark Arts." Remus said, making me nod. We stood up and I checked my bag, smiling when I noticed my DADA textbook was in there. I followed Remus along the halls and noticed a brawl coming from one of the corridors.

I tugged on Remus' shirt, making him turn to me. "Can you hear that?" I asked, listening to the slightly muffled screams. He nodded and we started hurrying towards the sounds. We came to one of the darker corridors and noticed a few older students with their wands out on a small Hufflepuff, who looked to only be in their second year.

"This is our corridor!" One of them growled, moving closer so I could see that the group were Slytherins. I glared at them and pulled my own wand out, walking over to them, ignoring Remus' whispered warning to me. I hated when people acted as though they were bigger than others, because they weren't. And picking on someone younger than you was just wrong.

I was never really one to stand up for people because Harry and Hermione were better suited for it, but they weren't here right now, and there was no one around to stop this, so I had to do it myself.

"Hey, this corridor is part of Hogwarts, you can't claim it as your own!" I yelled, moving closer to the group. They all turned to me and laughed darkly, making my darken my glare, even though my insides were screaming at me not to do this. "Oh look, a little Gryffindor came to save the day, like always." One of them said, and my eyes flickered to the floor momentarily before I reminded myself that I couldn't back down.

"You know I would make a comment about how all Slytherins are horrible little blood purists who need to hate on others to feel good about themselves, but I know that not all Slytherins are evil." I said, still pointing my wand at them. The Slytherins moved away from the girl and I saw that Remus went over to her to comfort her.

I turned my attention back to the boys and took a deep breath before lowering my wand slowly. "And unlike all Gryffindors I'm not looking to start a fight." I said, noticing that the girl had run off. I turned around and walked away quickly, knowing that they could still send a spell at me.

Once I turned the corner I took a deep breath and looked beside me to see that Remus had caught up. "That was amazing." He said, making me smile gently at him. "That was terrifying." I said, letting out a breathless laugh. Remus placed his hand on my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. I was confused but wrapped my own arms around him.