Chapter 17

(Freya's pov)

"There she is!" I heard someone call from the other side of the Common Room. I looked up and saw that it was James who had spoken. I met his eyes and saw that the rest of the Marauders were with him.

I took a deep breath and looked back down at my timetable. "You okay?" Frank asked and I looked up at him. I nodded slightly. "They're looking for me." I said in a small voice. And Frank looked slightly shocked. "Well, why do you look so scared, they're nice people." He said. I sighed slightly, and looked back over at the group who were slowly making their way past all the people and towards us. "I know, but I've been quite emotional since I got here, and I didn't really make the right impression." I said.

Frank furrowed his eyebrows, and I knew he was about to ask, but he was interrupted by the others reaching us. "Freya, are you okay, you ran off yesterday, and we haven't had the chance to talk to you today." Remus asked, and I looked over at him, nodding, not wanting to say anything. "We should tell the girls that we found her." James said, and I could see the others nodding in agreement. "Frank, make sure she doesn't go anywhere, Pete, you can stay as well." Remus said, as the three of them walked away.

Peter sat down in front of the table that had Frank's homework laid out on it. "Do you need to do any homework?" Frank asked me, and I knew he was trying to get my mind off the others. I turned to him, and shook my head. "I did both Transfig and DADA at lunch." I said, and Frank nodded, with a slightly impressed look on her face. "I wish I was that efficient, I normally end up doing all my homework the night before it's due." Peter said in a small voice, and I looked over to him.

I definitely expected that from him. I would also expect it from James and Sirius, possibly occasionally Remus as well. Only because I knew how much the four of them got into trouble, it couldn't all have been from pranking and causing mischief, I figured that there must have been a few missed homework over the years, especially with Remus's lycanthropy.

"Freya!" I heard someone shout, and I looked up, only to groan lightly. The three boys were back, and they'd brought the girls back with them. I forced a small smile onto my face as they came over to me. "Oh my god, are you okay? You disappeared yesterday. I hope we didn't do anything to upset you, I'm so sorry if we did. And we didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." Lily said, not taking a breath.

I shook my head at her, and looked at her seriously, wanting her to calm down. "It's alright, I'm fine, it was just a bed memory, nothing else, I'm fine now." I said, and the redhead in front of me nodded. "Come on, we'll go upstairs, and leave the boys to themselves." Dorcas said, grabbing my arm and pulling me up from the seat, then dragging me up the stairs and into our dorm.

In the dorm we all sat on our beds, and I took a deep breath, knowing that I was about to be questioned. "Not to seem rude, but why did you get upset yesterday?" Marlene asked, and Lily threw a book at her from across the room. "OW! What was that for!" She exclaimed, and the other girls glared at her. "Freya might not want to talk about it." Mary said, and I bit my lip lightly.

"No, it's alright, I don't mind, I just needed some time, and I've had that." I said, and Marlene smirked, and threw Lily's book back at her. Then all the girls turned to me and looked at me expectantly. I cleared my throat and then started talking to them. "Well, before I came here, I had a brother, we were homeschooled together, but considering I can't remember how I got here, I don't know what happened to him. We were twins, and we didn't really get along with anyone when we were kids, so we're really close, and losing him was just a little bit of a shock to the system. His name is Harry." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

"I'm sorry Freya, that must be really hard for you." Alice said, and I gave her a weak smile. "It's alright, Dumbledore is working to try and find them for me, or at least my memories, so I can figure out what happened." I said, and the other girls smiled at that. "Wait, does that mean you could leave?" Dorcas asked, and I looked over at her, sighing internally at the sad look on her face.

I just shrugged my shoulders in response, not knowing when, or even if, I would be able to leave. We sat in a comfortable silence after that, before a few girls pulled out their homework and got started on it. I dug through my trunk and found my Herbology textbook, pulling it out, before lying back on my bed and starting to read it.

After I'd read a few chapters I heard a groan from one of the other beds and I looked up from my book to see that it was Marlene who had let out the noise. I looked over and saw that she was peering over a book. "What is it, Marlene?" Lily asked in an annoyed voice. "One of the questions on our Charms homework is 'What is the spell for giving something wings?', and it's nowhere in this book, and I am one hundred percent sure that we haven't done it in class. And this is due tomorrow." Marlene groaned, and I giggled under my breath.

"Oh, I left that question blank because we haven't learnt about it yet. I was going to tell Professor Flitwick about it tomorrow in the lesson." Lily said. I furrowed my eyebrows. I'd learnt that spell last year for my O.W.L.S, I guess it was different now than it used to be, the curriculum had changed from now to when I got to Hogwarts.

I reached over to my bedside table and grabbed my wand. I looked over at Marlene and saw that her Charms book was in her hand, so I pointed my wand at it. "Alasia." I said, and a blue light shot out of my wand and hit the book. Just like that the book sprouted a sat of brown wings and started flying around the room. I watched it with a smile on my face, missing the surprised looks on the others' faces. "How did you do that?" Lily asked, and I looked down at her.

"Oh. I learnt the spell last year. I did my O.W.L.S at home, so my, urr, tutor made me learn extra spells because she wasn't going to oversee the exams." I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Finite Incantatem." I said, sending the spell at the book. It lost its wings and fell back onto Marlene's bed. "What was that spell called?" Marlene asked, and I told her the incantation, which she hurriedly scribbled down on her piece of parchment.

I then went back to my book, missing the redhead who was staring curiously at me from the other side of the room.