fifth year

Saige was popular. Not popular in the way where she had lots of friends and walked around gossiping with her clique, but a different kind of popular. Yes, she did have friends, but only select few were particularly close with the ice queen of Hogwarts. People wanted to be her. It was no secret that all the girls envied her flowing blonde hair and subtle features. Boys would fall at her feet at one glance, begging to take her on a date to Hogsmeade. Good grades, a star quidditch player and prefect, she was perfect. She was always perfectly composed, not a flicker of uncertainty ever crossing her grey eyes.

Despite this, Saige held a condescending nature about her. Sure everyone wished they could be her or be with her, but she wasn't exactly "liked" by her peers. She was just known.

As Saige sat in her carriage on the Hogwarts Express, she tuned out the background chatter of her friends as the train slowly approached the Scottish grounds on which Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry resided on. Despite her distaste of emotions, she always allowed a flicker of excitement to light inside the pit of her stomach while thinking about school. It was her constant, a place where she was in control.

"Stirling!" the call of her surname snapped her out of her distant thoughts as she shifted to face Alexander Nott, her best friend.

"What?" she queried.

"Better go put your robes on, we'll be at Hogwarts soon," he replied, smiling at her rare loss of poise and composure. Nodding her head yes, Saige stood from her seat and ventured to adorn her robes.

She tightened her blue and bronze tie around her neck as she looked over her appearance in the mirror. Happy that she looked proper enough, Saige began the venture back to her carriage where her friends were waiting for her. 

"Stirling!" a voice called out to her. She whipped her head around, hair falling perfectly in place as she raised a quizzical eyebrow at her caller. 

"Yes, Lupin?" she responded. 

" Aren't you coming to the prefects meeting?" How could she forget? Saige never forgot about her prefect duties. Mentally reprimanding herself, she responded cooly to the boy.

"Yes, yes I am. Shall we go together?" she offered. Slightly surprised at the girls actions, he nodded yes and they began their quiet walk to the prefects carriage. Teddy hadn't had many interactions with the girl, but from what he'd heard, she wasn't the friendliest. Yes she was polite and all, but she carried around this cold, emotionless presence that tended to deter people. Her offer to walk together was a small, insignificant gesture, but it still struck him as strange. They continued their quiet walk to the meeting until they reached the door, Teddy sliding the door open for Saige. She nodded politely in thanks and took her seat. The head boy and girl droned on and on about their duties and such, Saige tuned most of it out, she was smart enough to know her responsibilities as a prefect by now. Finally, patrol rosters were handed out. Scanning the page, Saige didn't have any particular feelings towards her partnerships. They were all in her year from various houses.

"Cmon Saige," Fletcher Boot, her fellow Ravenclaw prefect called out to her as the train began to come to a halt. "Let's go round up the first years onto the boats."