blank

Teddy hadn't tried to make contact with the girl since the night of the fight. Whilst Alex continued to mutter under his breath of what a tosser he is, Saige was rather relieved. She spent her holiday peacefully tucked away in the Nott Manor, catching up on schoolwork and picking up new novels from the family library.

She was flicking through a book of strange poems when the letters started to appear. Every day an owl came pecking on the window, demanding treats for delivering a letter. Saige could tell they were from Teddy, her name sprawled across the envelope in black ink. There were so many, Saige and Alex began to wonder if the boy had started up an owlery in his own home. Despite the abundance, Saige refused to read the letters, tucking them into the bottom of her trunk underneath quidditch gear. Alex suggested starting a bonfire with them, but Saige couldn't find it in herself to let him go just yet. 

However, all good things must come to an end, ironically. Saige sat on the Hogwarts Express alongside her friends and housemates. They chattered amongst themselves, a tense game of exploding snap happening in the corner between Victoria and Fletcher. The group didn't question Saige's presence, despite thinking that she would still be at school over the break. It would just be another secret that they couldn't crack open. 

"Honestly Saige," Rebecca Morana, a Ravenclaw chaser said. "You should really consider playing the field this year. I mean, sure Lupin's okay but I think you could do much better."

"I agree Saige," Oliver Kindle piped up. "Maybe we could be soulmates!"

"Ugh," Saige made a face as they boy draped himself over her dramatically, their friends laughing at the sight.

"Oh come on, you know you want me!" Oliver laughed, making kissy faces at her and smothering her in a bear hug.

"Alright, I've got to go to the Prefects meeting," she announced, freeing herself and rising from her seat. "You too Boot."

"Yes ma'am," Fletcher stood up, saluting the group as he followed his fellow prefect out of the compartment. The pair strode down the train corridor, Boot already taking 5 points from a Hufflepuff boy for trying to light a first year girl's hair on fire. Sliding the door open, Saige was instantly met by the apologetic eyes of Teddy Lupin. He sat in the corner, all alone. 

"Blimey," Fletcher mumbled. "Prick looks like a kicked puppy." Saige told Fletcher that she and Teddy had fought, sparing him the gruesome details.

"Let's just sit down," she grumbled in response, pulling her housemate along and taking a seat far away from the blue haired boy.

"Thank you everyone," the head boy announced. "Now, I'd like to go over some of the terms activities and new schedule with you all..."

-

"Saige!" just as she thought she'd gotten out safely, Teddy's calling stalled her. They were now the only ones left in the compartment. Fletcher raised and eyebrow at her and she nodded for him to continue without her. She slid the door shut with a heavy sigh, turning to face him with a blank expression. 

"Look, I'm sorry," he began, intimidated by her stoney eyes. "I don't even know what to say, there's nothing I can say to tell you how sorry I am. I was an idiot, I fucked up so so badly. Please just tell me what you're feeling."

An agonising silence passed before she answered the boy. He watched her closely for any flicker of emotion to come across her face. Alas, it did not. 

"I have never cared about someone that much you know," she said plainly, leaning against the wall. "Everyone accepted it, you know, that's just Saige. I have never known anyone that genuinely believed I am enough."

Teddy's heart broke as the words flowed from her, her eyes remaining cold and emotionless. She had her arms crossed, leaning into the wall as if she hoped it would consume her. 

"You made me believe I was enough, and then, you stopped making me feel that way."

"Saige, of course you are enough," Teddy ran a distressed hand through his hair. "You are everything."

"Really?" she retorted, anger simmering in her tone, yet her face still remained impassive. "You didn't feel that way when you told me to go."

"I didn't think you'd leave!" he exclaimed. "I just thought you'd... I don't know, go sleep in the spare room or something."

"Lupin, I left the moment you told me to go. You didn't follow me out, you didn't try to stop me. You didn't even notice. You didn't even care!" she replied, voice growing louder. 

"I'm sorry!" he said desperately. "Please, tell me what I can do to fix it. I want us, Saige."

"You can't fix anything, there's nothing left to fix. I'm done," she began to retreat. "I'm done. I'm done with this. I am so fucking tired."

"Please, just talk to me!" he pulled her back by the hand, gently making her face him, not letting go of her just yet. "Saige, I was wrong. I'm an idiot, the worst person in the world. But you have to tell me what's going on in your head. You can talk to me, I know that you're struggling."

"I don't want to talk anymore," she sighed, forcing her hand out of his. "I am so tired of this." 

She turned on her heel and stormed out of the carriage, leaving a rather upset looking Teddy Lupin behind.