burning

The Weird Sisters buzzed through the Ravenclaw common room as members of all houses danced dizzily to the music. Houses always went all out for celebrations, and a quidditch win was nothing short of a reason to party. Fire whiskey was passed around like a virus, settling the large group deeper into a hazed state of drunkedness. Saige held her cup closely as she made her way through the crowd, saying hello to everyone on her way. Even though the girl was secretive, she was a damn good charmer, and everyone wanted to be friends with her. Finally reaching Alex, the girl let out a relived sigh.

"If one more Slytherin corners me, I swear I'll pitch myself off the Astronomy Tower," she stated.

"The snakes always did want you as one of their own," Alex teased. "You are after all, the Saige Stirling!" He laughed, picking her up and spinning her around. Saige let out a stream of giggles at her friends teasing. 

"Just because I'm heartless doesn't mean I'm a bloody serpent," she laughed, attracting the attention of those around her. It wasn't often to see Saige so at ease around others. 

"Come on, let's go see the Hufflepuffs," Alex pulled her along. "They're always the most fun."

Saige followed Alex to a large group of Hufflepuffs, seemingly joined by several other house members. They were playing a muggle drinking game, and at the sight of Stirling, she was instantly dragged to join. Teaming up with Chris Matthews, Saige aimed the small, snitch-sized ping-pong ball and threw, instantly landing it in one of the cups full of wizard alcohol. The girl's fine tuned quidditch skills made her an asset to any team, even when she was drunk off her face. The crowd cheered for her as she laughed, letting loose her usual icy composure. 

The game continued and the group of rowdy teens only drank more and more. Eventually, Saige stepped out of the drinking games, earning loud cheers for her performance. She walked through the common room and was suddenly pulled into the large group of people dancing. She whipped her head around to meet the startling eyes of Victoria, who was beaming at the sight of her friend. 

"I finally found you!" she attempted to yell over the music. "Come dance!" Victoria twirled Saige around and dragged her along with her wild dancing. Saige laughed at the girls antics and joined her. 

"Hey," Victoria spoke, slightly slurring her words. "I...I dare you," she attempted to speak through fits of giggles. "I dare you, to jump on that table and dance for everyone."

"Easy," Saige accepted, making her way to the table sitting in the centre of the room. Victoria climbed up first, seemingly forgetting the dare for Saige and wanting to join in on the fun, and pulled her friend up with her. The crowd cheered for the two and they danced gently, an effort to stabilise the table. However, Victoria was far past the point of composure, falling into the crowd. Luckily, Fletcher was there to catch her. Saige laughed and made a suggesting look at the two as Victoria wrapped her arms around the boy, showering him in small kisses and exclaiming him as her hero. Still stood on the table, Saige felt someone stand up next to her and gently grab hold of her waist. She turned to dopily smile at Chris Matthews, the Gryffindor who she had been teamed up with previously. Without a word, the boy pulled her forward and pressed his lips to hers. The crowd roared and Saige smiled into the kiss, wrapping her hands around the boys neck. Her head was slightly foggy, but she knew what she was doing, and she was okay with it. This is what she specialised in; no strings attached, just drunk fun. It was as close as she would ever let anyone get to her emotionally. They pulled away from each other, both laughing. Matthews hopped off the table and helped her down, like a gentleman. The two separated, rejoining the party. 

"I'm gonna go get some air," Saige told Alex. He mildly nodded in response, too interested in a Slytherin girl her had an arm wrapped around. Stepping out of the common room, Saige walked through the castle, not straying far from the common room, just incase she happened to stumble upon a teacher. She settled herself in a small alcove in the wall, hidden in a quiet passage. The open windows let in the cold night as as she slid against the wall and onto the ground. Tucking her legs to her chest, Saige rested her head against her knees and let out a breath. As much as she loved parties, she always feared that she would lose control, let a secret slip to listening ears. And so came the part of the night where she would wander off into the darkness, all by herself.