Thirty four

AN-I'M BACK BUT VERY RUSTY AT WRITING. THIS IS MOST LIKELY THE FINALE CHAPTER OF THIS BOOK, I SAY MOST LIKELY BECAUSE I WANT TO WRITE MORE BUT I HAVE NO TIME AND AM TOO BUSY, SO FOR NOW, I GUESS THIS IS THE END.

_____________________

'We belong together, don't we?'

The words fell quietly from his lips, as he stared down at the brunette's face he had gotten so used to looking at. 

She was always beautiful, yet somehow she was ethereal in this moment. Her hair was slightly frizzy from the wind, strands sticking out at different sides. Her cheeks were painted with the most gorgeous shade of red and her lips were as good as her eyes in painting a picture of her emotions.  He could drink in her words like a strong wine and enjoy feeling tipsy. He watched her like she had the stars in her hands and soft petals at her feet. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and never let go. 

'You okay?' he couldn't help but ask, as Kaycee stood frozen in his arms, trying to fight back the smile that was so eager to present itself to the black haired boy. Nodding, a chuckle fell from his lips as if he understood what she was feeling without the need for words.

He wrapped his arms around her in a moment and Kaycee slowly let her head rest upon his chest. All her thoughts stopped as if her heart took over from her head when they were close. Then, he squeezed her gently as if he needed to check she was really there with him, really there and really real... and she was, body and soul. 

'We should go home, now' the brunette finally spoke up, though it came out as a whisper but it was audible. 

Sean swayed with the girl in his arms, reluctant to let go. 'Yeah, the boys are probably waiting up for me'. But neither let go. Neither wanted to. Kaycee carefully moved her hands from around Sean, brows creased in concentration as she clasped both hands and laid them on his chest along with her face burying into his chest. I have to be careful and slow, she thought. Otherwise, all of this could disappear in the blink of an eye. She doubted anyone else ever felt the way she did about being in his arms.

'Okay, I really need to go now, Kayc' Sean sighed, showing no signs of releasing her from the hug despite the statement.

Kaycee pushed her lip out in a pout, sensing her cheeks were going to heat up the second she made eye contact with the boy. She tenderly dropped her hands, taking a small step back as she focused her eyes on the bottom of his face. Most importantly, his lips. 'Bye, then' she breathed out, turning on her heels, ready to return home.

 But he grasped her wrists gingerly, pulling her body back closer to his.

Sean raised his brows questioningly at her. After spending years so-called hating each other, they had just kissed.  And that's all she had to say? 

'What?' the brunette asked dumbly, feeling his questioning gaze upon her.

'You're going to leave just like that?'

 Kaycee shrugged shyly, biting the inside of her lip as she hid her blush-tinted face behind her fingers.

'Seriously? Don't just blush. Say something' he teased, attempting to forcefully move her hands off her face. He received a slap to his arm in response, as she rose on the tips of her toes and wrapped her arms around his neck, pressing her lips to the base of his neck.

'Tease me one more fucking time and I'll--I'll hug you 'til death' she warned, squeezing him tighter.

It took him a moment to respond, a warm shiver trailing down his spine. 'Oh God. I'll stop, no more hugging, please' he joked, slowly removing her arms from him. He placed them both back at her sides, rubbing them soothingly for a minute before he let go.