Twenty six

'So you're official?' Bailey questioned, swinging her legs off the bed.

'Officially science partners, yeah. We're definitely not official in the way you think we are' Kaycee huffed, punching Baileys shoulder softly.

'I'm gonna have to take Bails' side, sorry K' Taylor shrugged, receiving an eye roll from the brunette. 'If he's asking for your number and orgnaising a date-I mean a place to study, then I think it's safe to say that he officially likes you'

Kaycee scrunched her face up, her brows furrowing to meet in the center. 'He doesn't like me. I don't like him. We're just being highly professional while we work' Kaycee muttered, glaring at her friends.

'And does being highly professional consist of longing glances?' Jenna teased, quirking a brow as the other two giggled excitedly beside Kaycee.

Kaycee's eyes widened before her had snapped to meet Baileys eyes. 'What?'

'I see the way you two look at each other in bio' Bailey crossed her arms. 'I know you're feeling butterflies, K'. Bailey joked, tickling Kaycee's stomach.

The brunette slapped her hands away, clenching her jaws before standing up and walking to the opposite end of the room. 'He does not fucking give me butterflies, guys. We're just going to study!'

The three girls raised their hands up in surrender but only with their cheeky smiles and upturned lips.

'Okay. You win, K' Bailey giggled. 'Now, go on your date and make sure to text me how it goes'.

Kaycee nodded her head, turning on her heels before she stopped, turned to face them again and flipped them off. 'Fuck you, guys'.

Taylor, Jenna and Bailey held their stomachs as they laughed, giggles turning into hiccups as the brunette left the dorm and slammed the front door closed.

                                          ____________________

Kaycee pulled the hood over her head, pocketing her hands as she warmed them up inside the fur lined pockets. And she walked. She walked as her hair fluttered in the air, her clothes clung to her body, arms tightly wrapped around her. Kaycee felt cold wind stroking her skin, wanting to rip her clothes off her, as if she were its enemy

'Hey Rice!' A voice yelled. She lifted her head up, met by his dark brown eyes and his hand waving her over.

'I swear to God, Lew. If you're making me work in this freezing weather, I will kill you' Kaycee warned, shivering on her spot.

'Quit bickering and follow me' he whispered. He pushed his hand out for her to take before pulling back when he realized what he was doing. A light pink shade of blush rose up on his cheeks. 'I promise we're not working outside'.

As much as Kaycee hated following his rules and instructions, she decided to follow them just for now, seeing as she was freezing cold and would rather be anywhere but outside. Sean led her down a narrow path, passing by naked trees and its leaves being crushed under their feet. 

'It's just around here' Sean pushed a-surprisingly leafy-branch out of the way before a small wooden shed-shaped house came into view.

'Come on...last one there's a rotten egg' he joked, before running up to the wooden house.

'You're getting a head start!' Kaycee shouted before sprinting up closely behind him. The school bag on her back definitely wasn't helping her win the race as she slowed down and her breathing turned into heavy pants.