Twenty one

'I really don't want to talk about it' Kaycee sighed, shaking her head as her friends pestered her about her recent mood change.

'Does it have something to do with Sean?' Bailey asked softly, giving the brunettes shoulder a light squeeze.

'What?! No...why would you even say that? Stop it, Bails' Kaycee rambled, shaking Bailey's hand off her shoulder before bowing her head down and poking her thigh with her pointer finger,

'Just asking. You've been acting strange since like two nights ago. And no one was with you except Sean. I'm just guessing'.

'Maybe he hypnotized you. Or poisoned you. You know, I read this book where this boy put a love spell on this girl and-' Taylor started before getting cut off with a glare from the petite girl sitting beside her.

'It's not about him' she gulped, but she herself even found it difficult to believe. 'I'm just-stressed about the-um...science project we're working on today' she lied, biting the inside of her lips.

'We're here for you, K' Jenna smiled supportively at the girl, receiving a half smile in return.

'Thanks guys' Kaycee sighed, biting the inside of her lips. The girls all took this as a cue to give the brunette some space, giving her a quick group hug before leaving.

'It's just stupid hormones' Kaycee tried telling herself, rubbing her eyes as she opened her wardrobe up and pulled out basically her whole cupboard of clothes and dropped them to her floor.

'Does it look like I'm trying too hard? Because I don't want him to think that I'm trying to impress him...Or is it too casual? Should I dress up a little more?' Kaycee asked herself, as she stared annoyed at her mirror. 'If only mirrors could talk' she thought aloud, pulling a hoodie over her head.

She tapped her foot impatiently on the floor, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth before she scowled at herself. 'What am I even doing?' She flopped down onto her bed, covering her face with a pillow before screaming into it.

Kaycee felt the need to move almost without end; if her limbs were moving the anxiety was gone, or at least she could ignore it a while.

'You'll be fine, Kaycee. It's just Sean. Normal Lew. And Normal Kaycee. Just act normal' She reassured herself, calming her breathing. But it was easier said then done.

'Hey K? Sean's here!' Taylor's exclaim filled her ears as the brunette picked up all of her outfit options off the floor and pushed them messily into her wardrobe.

'Coming' she mumbled, taking in deep breaths in front of the mirror before shakily opening her bedroom door.

'Hey' Sean smiled briefly at her before focusing his eyes back onto his shoelaces. Bailey looked between the two, sending Kaycee a confused stare before leaving with a nod of her head.

'Let's gets started, yeah?' Kaycee breathed out, directing him into her room. Sean unzipped his jacket before pocketing his hands into the pockets. 'So...on the bed or floor?' She asked, swaying on the spot with her back facing him

There was a pregnant pause before a chuckle fell from Sean's lips. 'Here we go again' he laughed. Kaycee turned to face him, meeting him with a questioning glare. 

'The floor it is' she sighed, pulling out a pen and notebook from her bag.

'I didn't agree to that' Sean rose a brow.

'Yeah, but you didn't not agree to it either' she huffed, internally thanking anyone and everyone for the non-awkward atmosphere.

The black haired boy dropped his bag onto the floor, setting it by his legs before sitting cross legged on the floor. 'We're nearly done, right?' He asked, glancing between his folder and Kaycee. The brunette nodded her head, seating herself so that there was enough distance to keep her sane.

'We should fill out the first page of our worksheet first. It'd make things easier' Kaycee murmured, clicking her pen open. Sean nodded in agreement, pulling the cap of the pen off before speedily answering all the questions on the first page.

There was a silence that followed-but it wasn't necessarily awkward or tense, just peaceful. Well, until Sean started humming obnoxiously loud for Kaycees liking.

'Quit it, Lew' she muttered, keeping her eyes on the page.

'What?'

'Stop humming. It's distracting' she explained, tapping her pen onto her chin. Sean rolled his eyes, deciding not to listen to the brunette as he continued humming a song. Kaycee internally groaned, clenching her jaw. 'Have you ever met a human headache? Cause I have' she scowled at him.

'At least I'm smart enough to know that bleach burns your skin' he scoffed. Kaycees mind immediately replayed the moment in her head, only to stop when she began to feel her cheeks heat up.

'At least I didn't spill a whole bucket of water on the floor!'She raised her voice, crossing her arms above her chest.

'Wow. It really takes nothing to get you all riled up.'

Kaycee scoffed bitterly. 'I hope every sock you wear is slightly rotated and just enough for it to be uncomfortable'. 

Sean puffed his cheeks up. 'I hope your socks all rotated and shit' he mimicked her in a high pitch voice.

Kaycee gritted her teeth, reaching her hand for the pillow on her bed before throwing it directly at the boys face. 'Fuck you, Lew' she growled.

Sean moved the pillow away from his face. 'Are you trying to start a pillow fight with me, Rice?' He joked. 'You should know I'm pretty talented at pillow fighting'.

Kaycee rolled her eyes at him, shaking her head. 'Get back to work'.

Sean threw the pillow back onto the girls bed, lying on his stomach as he moved his pen u and down on his page. He must have finished before the brunette, because he had rested his face in his hands, his face tilted up slightly to focus on the girls face.

'Hi' he smiled brightly at her, his voice leveled and calm.

'Hey?'

There was a pregnant pause as the two stared awkwardly but calmly at each other. 'Am I the only one feeling weird around you recently?' He questioned, propping himself on his elbows.

Kaycee bit the inside of her lips to suppress a crooked smile. 'Yeah-um probably? I dunno' she shrugged. Sean nodded his head.

Kaycee laughed fakely to lessen the tension. 'Imagine if you were falling for me, Lew' 

AN| 

Hey guys! How are y'all?

I hope you enjoyed reading this pretty messy chapter-it only gets worse from here. Lmao

QOTD: What is one compliment you struggle to accept? Personal question, so you don't have to answer publicly if you don't want to. For me, I'd say when somebody says that I'm good at sports. I just can't accept it.

❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow and share

 Love you guys,

XXX