Thirteen

She felt two hands on her hips, a rather weird and unfamiliar feeling as she awkwardly swayed on the spot. Her eyes were focused on the floor, her fingers slowly creeping up until they landed on his hands-holding onto her hips-and squeezed them gently. She couldn't see much with the dimmed lights and the stench running up her nostrils, but she knew that whoever was behind her was smiling widely by the way her whispered soft nothings into her ear.

Her fingers moved along the persons wrist, smiling giddily to herself as she scribbled a secret message with her fingertips. The boy behind her laughed into her ear-nothing compared to the booming of speakers-before spinning her around and they met each other's gaze.

First, she was smiling before her face dropped down and a scream left the boy's lips. 'Rice?!'

'Rice?! Miss. Rice, are you sleeping in my class? I think not' the sub had slammed her fist on the teachers desk, a few of the papers on her table flying breezily before it hit the ground.

Kaycee lifted her head up to meet the sub's hard, cold gaze before bowing it down in embarrassment. 'Sorry, miss'. The teacher must have taken the stares of the brunettes clsssmates as punishment enough, because she gave Kaycee one last glare before returning to her work.

'Daydreaming in class, I don't believe it' Sean shook his head playfully, nudging Kaycee's shoulders lightly.

The brunette took a minute to reply, ready to respond before her mind replayed her daydream and her eyes widened monetarily in shock. It wouldn't have been too bad if she just blushed, but instead her face turned as red as a tomato and she was sure she was hotter than the sun. Did she just seriously dream about Lew?

Kaycee shook her head briskly-as if that'd make the embarrassing thoughts go away. 'What are we doing, Lew?' She croaked out, meeting his gaze. And she should have been greeted with his dimpled frown, and rolling eyes but all she could picture was his dimpled upturned smile and shining eyes.

'Not blushing, that's what we're doing' he joked, pointing at her flushed face.

'Stop it...just tell me where we are' she whispered, leaning her face into her hands.

'We're writing out our predictions on how the experiment is going to turn out' he informed her, showing her a quick look at his notes.

Kaycee nodded her head, looking down at her page only to be met with doodles and scribbles. 'Shit' she cursed, tearing the page out and rewriting the title neatly at the top. 'What experiment are we doing again?' She questioned, almost wishing she was dead with the way she had to ask him for help.

'God, Rice. You were asleep for a long time' he chuckled, dragging out the 'o' in long. 'Must have been thinking about me'.

Kaycees mouth dropped open. Aghast. 'Thinking about how you were-um gone?' She replied, coming out more as a question than an insult.

'That's gotta be the worst one yet' he laughed. 'You can copy this if you want' he passed her his notes, a smirk etched on his face as he did so.

'Th-thanks' she muttered.

He leaned his face into his hands, cocking his head to the side as he took a good look at her. 'You look flustered, Rice? What's up?'

'Like I'd tell you' she gulped, her throat bobbing up and own. Sean rolled his eyes, swirling his tongue inside his mouth as he stared at the brunette beside him.

'You're creeping me out' Kaycee breathed out, turning away from him. She speedily copied down his notes, only to stop when she realized that she understood zilch of the context given. 'What does this mean?' She questioned, pointing at the very first line.

'It means...' he trailed off. 'Oh, yeah. It means like, how would you compare the rate of reaction of each substance'.

'What?' 

Sean chuckled. 'I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you, Rice'. Kaycee groaned, her eyes rolling upwards. 

'Could you just try explaining it in a way that I'd possibly understand then?'

Sean started at her eyes for a second too long before nodding in agreement. He pulled his chair closer to the petite girls, looking over her shoulder. 'To be honest, I don't know how else to explain it to you'.

His breath was hot on her neck, his voice sending unwanted shivers down her spine. 'Oh-alright. You can sit down, then' she breathed out, pulling the collar of her shirt up to cover her heated skin.

'Cool' he drummed his fingers quietly on the table, bopping his shad as if he was listening to some music. 'Do you want any more help?' He asked after waiting a few seconds in silence.

The brunette wanted nothing more than to hide away and curse herself for being so affected by him today. 'No, I'm fine' she mumbled.

'I could help if you wanted. I am a genius and all' he smirked. And she was sure that if he had the right length of hair, a hair flick would have followed his statement.

'You're as much use as a chocolate teapot!'

                                   __________________

'You fell asleep in the hawk-eye teachers class? Girl, you're brave' Taylor said amazed and surprised as she patted Kaycee's back lightly.

'I just dozed off. I wasn't sleeping' the brunette sighed.

'K, hate to break it to you, but that's the definition of sleeping' Bailey giggled, unwrapping the layer of foil around her granola bar.

'Whatever. Whatever. Just let me eat in peace' Kaycee waved them off, biting into her apple.

'What were you dreaming about? Unicorns? Rainbows? Knowing you and your usual overly happy personality, it's most likely either of those two' Jenna smiled, as her other friends laughed along with her.

Kaycee's eyes snapped open and bent over sharply as if she'd been punched in the stomach as she choked on her apple. Taylor instantly was by her side as she patted and rubbed the girls  back cautiously. By slow, torturous degrees, the coughs eased in intensity and then slowly, slowly passed.

'Gosh, K. Are you okay?' Taylor asked softly, passing her a water bottle.

'Yeah-just. The apple' she murmured, internally cursing herself for thinking about him so much today.

Bailey titled her head to the side. 'How come I saw you blush beside Sean, then?' She smirked cockily, arms crossed on the cafeteria tables. Taylor and Jenna gasped before squealing excitedly to each other.

'You saw what? You must be going blind or something, then. That'd never happen' Kaycee lied, holding Bailey's gaze to try and prove that she was saying the truth-even though she wasn't. 

'I saw what I saw'.

'Well, you saw incorrectly. I would never blush because of Lew. Never in a million years. I've got better taste than dating dickheads!'

AN|

Hey guys! How are y'all?

I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! 

Yo, Sean's movie trailer was just wow. So much more than I expected. You can talk publicly about it on my profile conversation if you want.

QOTD: What makes you, You? Like a signature item of clothing? Personality? Mine would be my dressing gown. Lol. I practically wear it everywhere.

❤️❤️❤️

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow and share

Love you guys,

XXX