Nineteen

'Bails, I think I'm in love' Kaycee sighed, as she caught up with her best friend in the Uni corridors. Due to Bailey having a project date with Ken last night and at last minute deciding to stay the night with him. Kaycee had missed seeing her this morning and filling her in on what happened the previous night.

Bailey squealed, shaking the brunettes shoulders, which received a few questioning stares, as her mouth dropped open. 'I can't believe it. You finally admitted you like Sean-'

'Sean? You mean, Lew?! What the fuck? I was talking about the pastries I ate last night' Kaycee snapped, shooting Bailey a disgusted look.

Bailey rolled her eyes, shaking her head as she dragged a hand down her face. 'You're in love with Pastries? That's totally understandable'.

'More understandable than me being with Lew' Kaycee huffed.

'He has a first name, you know?' Bailey laughed, nudging Kaycees stomach playfully.

'One that I'll never ever use' The brunette replied, turning the corner and into their biology class. She wrapped her free hand around Baileys shoulder, bringing her in for a quick side hug before the two split ways to their assigned seats beside their assigned partners.

Kaycee brushed past the line of students sitting on tables before approaching her table and sitting down beside the black haired boy.

'Hey' he mumbled, his eyes focused on the screen in front of him as the girl placed her bag on the floor.

'Hi' Kaycee muttered, taking her folder and pencil case out of her bag and placing them neatly in front of her. The boy beside her pocketed his phone with a smile, stretching his muscles before turning to face the brunette. 'Why so smiley, Lew?' Kaycee remarked, raising a brow.

Sean's smile dipped down into a frown. 'Nothing that concerns you...why? Are you jealous you can't be as happy as me or something?' He joked.

A rude scoff left Kaycee lips. 'Me, jealous? Of you? Bless your delusional heart'.

Sean let a chuckle fall from his lips. 'You really are something else, Rice'.

'What's that supposed to mean?!'

Sean shrugged. 'You're supposedly the brains between us, so you figure it out'. With that, the uni bells rang, the students who were once conversing were now seated in their seats before their sub teacher could come in and give out to them. She was like a witch while everyone else were the frightened puppies.

'Sorry, I'm late' the sub announced, her hair tied unusually different. Normally it was tied in a slick back ponytail or in a tight bun which brought her forehead back. But today, she had her hair resting past her shoulders, the ends bouncing with curls. 

Kaycee checked the watch on her wrist. The sub was only a minute late.

'I think it's time to tell you lot the good news' the older woman plastered on a crooked smile, one that was tipped down on one side and brought upwards on the other. The students all eagerly leaned forward for the supposedly good news.

'I'll be your permanent teacher for biology class this year. Your original teacher, Ms. Meddler, has taken her maternity leave and will only be back teaching next year' the old lady sat down poised on her seat, her arms crossed on the desk.

She squinted her eyes-almost daring anyone to act anything bar enthusiastic about this. 

'You've gut to be fucking kidding me' Sean cursed under his breath, clicking his four colored pen closed. A smile crept its way onto Kaycees lips before she internally cursed herself and pinched her under knee to get it together.