Nine

'It's so hard cleaning with him, Bails. I'd do anything to swap partners' Kaycee complained, leaning her head on her best friends shoulders. Bailey giggled, covering her laugh with her free hand as she patted Kaycee head with the other.

'You're such a baby' Bailey joked, stretching her legs out as several Uni students sprinted out of the building to get back home. 'I'm not saying that I'd like to clean, but maybe if you actually tried enjoying it. It wouldn't feel so long and boring'.

Kaycee thought about Baileys advice for a minute, letting it sink in but she wasn't exactly sure on how to enjoy spending time with someone she actually hated. But she promised herself she'd tried, whether that was lessening her insults or just plainly ignoring him and thinking about clouds and rainbows. 

With that, Kaycee's best friend stood up, her head sliding off her shoulder as Bailey threw her bag onto her back. 'I'm gonna get going. I'll see you at the dorm, K' she waved.

'Already? Stay here for five more minutes' the brunette pleaded, hands clasped together. 

Bailey shook her head. 'I'm taking an early night, today'. Kaycee would have believed that believable lie if it weren't for Bailey's head turning to the side and blush curtaining her cheeks as she caught sight of a certain someone. 

'Oh, I see' Kaycee laughed, folding her arms. 'You wanna go talk with Ken'. Bailey's eyes widened in embarrassment, ignoring the petite girls kissy faces she sent her as she walked out of the building. 

'You ready?' Sean rose a brow, his tongue swirling in his mouth as he waited for her response.

'Shit, Lew' Kaycee cursed. 'It's one thing to be scared by your ugly face, it's another to be scared by your ugly face and your voice'.

'I'm pretty sure that most of your so called'beauty' could be wiped off with a Kleenex. So less talking, Rice' 

Kaycee's mouth dropped open, brow raised. 'Fun fact, I don't wear make up' she remarked, pushing past him and into the janitors closet. Sean brushed his fingers through his hair before following closely behind her.

'Pass me a brush, Rice' he instructed, opening his hand for his desired item.

'Get it yourself'. Kaycee stood in front of the sweeping brushes, pulling on a pair of gloves as Sean blew out a heavy breath.

'I didn't really think that anyone could be more annoying than your own siblings. Thank you for clearing that for me' Sean laid his hand on her shoulder, gently pushing her to the side as he grabbed a sweeping brush.

'Don't touch me' Kaycee said disgusted, as she wiped her shoulder as if the plague had caught it. Seeing, as Sean wasn't replying or in any way going to, she repeated herself. 'I said, don't touch me!'

'No need to repeat yourself again. I ignored your perfectly fine the first time around' Sean shook his head, leaving with an eye roll. She couldn't lie but something shifted inside her as he left in a genuine anger than his usual somewhat playful hatred. 

She grabbed a sweeping brush, going to the opposite end as she started brushing up all the dust from the floors. There was an awkward silence that fell over them, only the sweeping brushed could be heard and for some reason it was bugging Kaycee.

The brunette started whistling, trying to lighten the tension she was feeling as she collected all the dirt and dust into a pile at the middle. 

'Do you wanna sweep it up or should I?' Kaycee asked, her brows scrunching up when she realized that she was actually asking for his decision on this.

'Dunno' he shrugged, sweeping under the benches and the small space between the lockers and floor. Kaycee nodded her head, taking the initiative to do the task in the rising tension.

Maybe it was just that time of the month, or maybe she was just an emotional person today because before she could even stop herself, she blurted out two words she thought she would never hear herself saying to him out of all people. 'I'm sorry' 

Sean stopped what he was doing, shock and surprise written evidently on his face before his lips curled upwards. 'What was that?' He held his hand to his ear, gesturing for Kaycee to repeat herself. 

'I'm sorry' she mumbled.

'I can't hear you' he placed the broom beside the benches before approaching the brunette and standing an arms length away from her.

'I said, I'm sorry!' She yelled, clenching her jaws when she witnessed his amusement at her apology.

'Sorry, but I don't take apologies from people lower than me' he joked, giving her a light punch to the shoulder as a smile broke out on his lips. 'See Rice, if you had just apologized earlier we could have been friends' he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

'Friends? Who said anything about being friends?' She pushed him away from her. 'I just said I was sorry, that's all'. Sean rolled his eyes at her. 'I'm not looking to be friends with idiots'.

A chuckle fell from his lips, as he put his sweeping brush away. 'Oh really? And what have you achieved in your life that makes you Einstein?' 

'Sorry, I can't hear you. My ear naturally tunes out stupid people' she retorted, but for the first time the two laughed at their witty insults.

'Whatever, whatever. Let's just get this done, yeah?' 

A sigh of relief-she didn't know she was holding-left Kaycee's pink lips. 'Lew?'. He turned around swiftly on his heels, a delicate smile etched on his lips. 'There's a whole bottle of 'shut the fuck up' on one of the shelves. Why don't you take some?' 

Sean shook his head lightly. 'At least I actually have a brain, unlike some people'

Kaycee scoffed. 'At least my my birth certificate isn't an apology letter from the condom factory'. And within a minute or so, the two were back to their regular selves.

'Why are you playing so hard to get, when you're already so fucking hard to want?' Sean smirked, feeling slightly accomplished with his comeback.

'Please, anybody. Help me as I lower my standards for an asshole'

AN| 

Hey guys! How are y'all? 

I know this chapter is short and a little but messy. Any thoughts on it? Do you think it's going too fast or too slow?

Ah, I'm nearly at 2k reads! Ah I love y'all so much! 

QOTD: What is something you like about yourself? Like a physical trait. (Try answering this without putting yourself down first) I'd have to say my eyes.

Don't forget to comment, vote, follow and share

Love you guys,

XXX