Chapter 2 - Ulterior Motives

You stand there, looking at the man. His tone of voice seemed strange, almost like he was hiding something. Which made you think about the phrase he said earlier..

"It's kinda refreshing, being able to talk to someone who has no idea who I am."

You decided to let it go, "Well, nice to meet you. I'm Y/N, I'm from the Adventure's Guild."

"Adventure's Guild? Interesting.." the Inazuman man exclaimed, looking you up and down. It kind of made you feel uneasy but you brushed it off.

He gives you a smile, "Say.. there's some locations on your map in Liyue. We should travel there together, since I was going there anyway."

His request was quite bold. Who asks a stranger they just met to travel with them? But then you thought of the plus sides. Having a travel buddy would make it less of a pain running into treasure hoarders or Fatui. He also seemed like he knew a lot already about the meteorites, he could give you information as well.

You give in, "I mean.. I guess if you wanted to. We are headed the same direction anyway."

He immediately smiles, "Great! We'll leave first thing in the morning." You then offered him to go back to Mondstadt for the night but he quickly refused. It was yet another thing off about this man. Maybe he was just lonely? Or he had ulterior motives..

The two of you decided to camp for the night, nearby to where the first meteorite was. You felt a bit uneasy, knowing that a complete stranger, and a suspicious one at that, was going to be your travel companion for the next few days.

♢♢♢

《Scaramouche's POV》

As the two travelers started to settle down for the night, Scaramouche laid awake in thought. It was quite obvious who he was, yet Y/N had no clue. That amused him. So much so that he decided to keep them as a pet. Like an experiment. He was going to keep from them the fact that he was a Fatui harbinger, and wait to see how long he got. It was all just a game to him. He didn't actually care about what Y/N had to offer, he wasn't lonely, he didn't need a companion. It was all just for entertainment.

Scaramouche quietly snickered to himself, glancing over at Y/N, who seemed to be falling asleep.

Suddenly they spoke, "Hey, weird hat man?"

The words pierced him, it was hard to hold back all the anger that he so frequently let out on a daily basis, "Yes?" He replied with annoyance in his voice.

"I never caught your name," a sleepy Y/N told him.

Scaramouche paused for a moment. His name could've given him away, but since they seemed clueless enough he decided to tell them, "Scaramouche."

Y/N rolled over, "Hm.. goodnight Scaramouche."

Scaramouche didn't do anything but stare at them. He never thought he'd hear those words, but here he was. "Pfft.." he held back laughter as he rolled over and went to sleep as well.

A/N
I just wanna make it clear that I'm totally writing this as I go lol I have no idea where I'm going with this-

Anyways hope you enjoyed~