Chapter 17 - Peaceful yet Chaotic

《Your POV》

Slowly opening your eyes, you noticed you were in your room. How did you get there? Last thing you remembered, you fell asleep behind one of Mondstadt'a buildings while you were waiting for-

Then it hit you. You remembered what you said to Scaramouche the day before.

"I'm such an idiot.." you whispered. What were you thinking? You practically signed your life away to a Fatui harbinger. For all you knew, he could be tricking you again. Maybe the reason why you said yes was simply because you wanted to believe his words.

You got out of bed, still wearing your clothes from the previous day. Opening the door to the next room, to your surprise, Scaramouche was asleep on your couch. Did he bring you home? How did he know where you lived? You thought it was lowkey creepy but cute at the same time.

You walked up to him, gently shaking him, "Uhm.. morning?" You didn't know what to say, after all you hadn't woken up with someone else in the house since you were 15. It was a long story, but to put it short, you had to grow up very quickly.

Scaramouche woke up, looking at you with his sleepy eyes. His hat was sitting leaning against the wall, you wanted to smile, you hadn't seen him without his hat in a while.

"How did you-" you started, only to be cut off.

"I asked around. You'd be surprised how many people refused to tell me where you lived." he smirked. Again, creepy but oddly cute.

You scoffed, "If a Fatui harbinger was walking around asking for someone's address, I'd be skeptical too."

Scaramouche sat up, rolling his eyes. You sat down next to him, only to sigh out of exhaustion.

At that moment, you were at a loss. What were you supposed to do? There was no way you could make this a decent relationship, after all, the Fatui never stayed in one place, and it would be strange if you followed him everywhere.

"Hey," Scaramouche placed his hand on your shoulder, "We'll figure it out okay?"

You smiled, still a little anxious. But it made you feel a little better that you had Scaramouche. Though, you still didn't trust him completely.

You folded your arms, trying to change the subject, "So, am I the only person you're nice to?" You smirked.

"Hm, yeah I guess so."

"Eh-" it kind of shocked you, after all, you'd never witnessed how he really was, though you assumed it wasn't pretty.

Scaramouche lifted your chin up, gazing longingly into your eyes, "Unless you want me to be mean to you."

"No of course not!" You blushed and scowled are him, which made him laugh.

It had to be hard being him. The way he told you, it made him seem very lonely. None of his colleagues liked him, he never had any friends, people were only scared of him. It made you a little happy to know you could at least make him laugh.

"Wait," you lifted an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be doing your job? You came here for a reason right?"

Scaramouche shrugged his shoulders, "I have people to do it for me. Plus I mostly came here for you."

You pushed him away jokingly, "You're one of the harbingers yet you don't do any of the work yourself??"

"Of course I do. This is a special occasion though." Scaramouche said. He said it with such a smug expression that it made you a bit flustered. You hated that you felt this way for him.