Chapter 3 - The Fatui

(Gave up on trying to find pictures to put here so yeah-)

《Scaramouche's POV》

Scaramouche woke up to the sound of somebody violently whispering at him. Confused, he opens his eyes, turning to look behind him. There sat Y/N who was kneeling next to him. He then remembered where he was and why he was there.

"Good you woke up.." Y/N seemed worried, "I got up earlier and saw a group of Fatui over near the-"

"Fatui?" He quickly interrupted.

Y/N gave him a confused look, "Yes.. they're that way." They pointed north of where they were.

Scaramouche stood up, putting his large hat on, "I'll deal with it, stay here."

"Let me help you-"

"No." He said, his tone raised. Y/N looked at him a little startled, "I mean.. it's better if I just go. I have experience with the Fatui."

Y/N watched as he walked away, seeming a little agitated.

♢♢♢

Scaramouche started stomping his way over to the Fatui camp. Upon arrival, they all stood in unison, "Lord Scaramouche!"

Scaramouche's nice-guy face quickly turned into his usual "I'm-going-to-kill-you" face, "What are you doing here?!"

One of them stepped forward, "L-La Signora sent us to spy on you, sir." He seemed very frightened, as one would be considering Scaramouche's reputation.

"What?!" he yelled angrily, "Let me be clear. I don't need to be babysat. If you leave now, I'll pretend this never happened. If not, well.." he crossed his arms, "... would you like to find out?"

"N-NO SIR." The soldiers yell in unison, quickly grabbing their things and leaving the premises.

Scaramouche scowled as they ran away, "I can't believe Signora thinks of me as a child. This is unbelievable." He turned around to head back towards their camp.

♢♢♢

《Your POV》

As you sat down in the cold rocks, sharpening your sword, you hear footsteps and a slight jingle. You turn to see Scaramouche walking towards you. He seemed a bit angry, which made sense, after all he did just fight off probably 5 or 6 Fatui agents.

You quickly stood up, "Are you alright?"

Scaramouche put on a smile, "Yes, I'm fine. They won't be bothering us anymore."

Amazing... you thought. He came out of that fight with no scratches or bruises in sight. Just how powerful is this guy?

You could see Scaramouche glance down at your belt, "Oh, you have a vision. Seems I didn't see that before."

You glance down as well, "Oh, haha, yeah. I don't get the opportunity to use it very often though.. I'm usually stuck doing the jobs nobody else wants to do."

"You could say that again.." Scaramouche whispered.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," he looked away, "Shall we embark on our journey now?"

You nod in agreement, somewhat excited about it. This Scaramouche guy seemed like a good person, plus he was powerful, maybe he could teach you a thing or two about fighting. You grab your things, put your sword away, and the two of you set off on your journey to Liyue.

A/N
Hello to the 3 people that read this lol

Also, I made the main character gender neutral, so I'll be using they/them for Y/N :)