Chapter 15 - Goodbye..

《Your POV》

"Y/N.. that man is one of the Fatui harbingers.."

You froze. You didn't know what to do or say. It's like your whole world was crumbling down before you.

Your immediate reaction was to look over to Scaramouche, desperately hoping that he would deny it.

All you could see was a liar.

He didn't want to show you his face, he was looking away, maybe out of anger or embarrassment. All you know is that he lied to you, and about something so big.

Aether finally broke the silence, directing his anger towards Scaramouche, "Why didn't you tell them?! I think that's something they should've KNOWN."

Scaramouche clenched his fists, obviously holding back his anger, "They weren't supposed to know.."

You finally stepped up to say something, "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I DID." He finally looked at you. He was extremely angry, yet somehow, he seemed sad as well. Almost as if he was about to burst into tears any moment now, "I told you that if you found out who I am, you'd no longer like me anymore! I WARNED YOU, but you still stayed with me!"

Aether must have noticed the heated atmosphere, so he quietly started walking away, "Well.. I'll just leave you two to talk it out.."

"But Fatui? And a harbinger at that! How long were you planning to keep that from me?!" You yelled, starting to tear up. You knew it made you look weak, but at this point it didn't matter.

You only spent a few days with him, but he made you so happy for some reason. He was always helpful, and he never doubted you, not even once. He was even fun to talk to. You didn't have many friends, so you were happy you could befriend someone so different from you.

Scaramouche didn't answer your previous question. He looked like he was seriously holding back, like he would lash out any second now. He just took a deep breath and held his head, almost like it was giving him a headache.

Some travelers were passing by, giving the two of you awkward stares.

Scaramouche walked up to you, forcefully grabbing your hand and walking off, "We shouldn't talk here."

You almost tried to break free of his grasp, but you relaxed a bit, knowing there would be people around to witness your murder and hopefully apprehend him before he gets away.

Scaramouche sat you down, eventually sitting next to you. He leaned over, covering his face, almost like he was full of regrets.

"So?? Are you going to explain yourself?" You said. You never were an angry or assertive person, but your moral standards didn't apply in this situation.

He froze for a few seconds, probably thinking about what he was going to say. He probably was just using you for information. He was a Fatui, of course he would never like you.

"I just.. wanted to be a normal person for once in my life. When I first met you, I thought it would be fun. I thought of it as a game." He looked at you, now looking less angry but just genuinely sad, "Y/N.. I never meant for it to be like this. Overtime I started to appreciate your company, I started looking forward to waking up everyday and going out and adventuring with you."

You clenched your fists, "How.. how do I know you're not just lying again?!"

Scaramouche looked away, "You don't. That's the thing about being a harbinger, even if you somehow leave the Fatui, nobody will ever trust you. You can't form trusting relationships just because of who you associated with."

He placed his hand on yours. You flinched, but decided to hear him out, "I don't expect you to forgive me. And I get it if you never want to see me again. It's better if you don't associate with me anyway."

Your mind was racing with so many thoughts. Half of you wanted to leave and never come back, but the other half wanted to accept him for who he was. You wanted to hold him in your arms despite who he was, and tell him everything was going to be okay.

But as you thought about it, there was the chance he was just lying again. You were never a selfish person, but at that moment, you wanted to leave just to spare yourself any future hurt.

One thing you didn't get, is how someone could be such a good actor. At that moment, his voice sounded.. sad. And not a fake sad, you heard genuine pain in his voice. You already knew exactly what that sounded like.

"Scaramouche.. I still don't know if I can trust you." You said to him.

He sighed, "I know." He then looked at you, giving you the fakest and saddest smile you've ever seen, "Just leave. Go live your life, go show your guild that you're just as successful as the Traveler."

You frowned, noticing his hand was still on yours.

"Fatui harbingers shouldn't be allowed to have happiness. I don't know what I was thinking. I was an idiot for thinking that." He let go of your hand, standing up to look at you.

He leaned down, gently kissing your cheek, "Goodbye Y/N."

And like that, he left.

You wanted to call out to him but you couldn't. Maybe it was for the best. The Fatui were not to be trusted, especially when it came to the harbingers.

As you watched him walk away, you felt sad. Sadder than you should've felt. You weren't angry or disappointed, you just felt.. alone.

In all honesty, you didn't want him to leave. You really liked him. You wanted to be with him, even if it meant getting hurt in the end.

You wondered what would happen if you ran up to him and embraced him in a hug. Of course, as you were about to chase after him, he disappeared.

He was no longer in your sights. He was gone. And you didn't know if you'd ever get to see him again.

A/N

Thanks for all the recent support! It really means a lot and I enjoy reading your comments lmao

Anyways sorry to do this to you guys 😌✌️ he'll be back don't worry