Chapter Ten

Speeding around the corner Minho quickly pushes me into a corner. "Do not make a sound" he whispers covering my mouth. Nodding I hold my breath waiting to see what happens. We both freeze as we hear a griever come round the corner. I grip Minho's other hand tightly. The griever stops and seems to listen for footsteps or any sort of human noise. Minho closes his eyes tightly squeezing my hand back. The Griever finally leaves leaving a nasty smell behind.
Minho waits until the Griever is completely out of earshot before dropping his hand from my mouth and groaning in frustration. I gulp down as much air as possible and look at Minho. "What the actual fuck."
"I think we should camp here for the rest of the night. We aren't that far from the entrance." Nodding i sit down resting my head against the wall.

                      ~Next Morning~

"Gally she'll make it." Newt pats him on the back trying to be reassuring. "And if she doesn't?" Gally says glaring down at him. "She will" Newt says dropping his hand from his shoulder.

                      ~one hour later~

I run into Thomas by accident and glance up at him. "You survived too?" I ask slightly amazed that he survived on his own. "You do know that I'm capable of stuff too" he says smiling slightly. Rolling my eyes I continue down the corridor. "where's Minho?" Thomas asks running behind me. "Gone to get Alby. Now come on I wanna get out of here." Turning the corner I see the others waiting for us.

Gally glances up hearing running. "No. Way." He stares in shock at Thomas and Y/n.
"TOLD YOU" Newt says jumping up and down in happiness.

"DID YOU MISS ME?" I scream running into Gally's arms. He picks me up and kisses me softly before showering me in kisses. "Someone clearly did-" Gally places me back down on the ground before hugging me tightly. "Don't you dare do that again Sweetheart" he says kissing me again. Pushing his face away I break free from his arms. "I need to go sleep" I say as I stifle a yawn.

Gally pulls me in for another hug as Minho runs through the doors with Alby on his back.

"Hey Minho" Gally says giving him a hand taking Alby off his back. "Hey-" Minho says collapsing to the ground in a crumpled heap. Newt quickly runs over to Minho patting him down. "You ok mate?" He asks concerned. "Apart from spending a night in the maze , running from a griever , climbing the ivy and carrying Alby on my back? I feel great thanks." Minho says scoffing. Newt slaps his head before taking his arm and slinging it around his neck and hauling him up. "Let's go buddy" he says dragging Minho to the medjacks.

                     ~one day later~

"That shank needs to be punished" Gally snaps pointing at Thomas. "Not only did he break the rules. But he also endangered another Glader by pulling them in with him" he glared at Thomas. "I didn't mean it-" Thomas says looking at me quickly. "Thomas just be quiet." I say shutting him up. Newt sighs looking at Gally. "what do you suggest we do then." He twiddles his pen between his fingers biting his lip. "I suggest we lock him up in the pit for a week" Gally says glaring at Thomas with pure hatred. Newt jots that down in his notebook before looking up again. "Any other suggestions?" He asks looking around. "Pit for three days and no food" Frypan says folding his arms. "Three days?" I ask looking at Frypan in shock. "That's literally nothing." I say pursing my lips. "I suggest we make him a runner." Minho says from the corner. "A WHAT?" Gally says turning around furiously. "You heard me. A runner." Minho says folding his arms. "Minho did a griever step on your head while you were in the maze or something?" I ask staring at him dumbfounded. "I'm serious , we need more people like him as runners." I scoff glaring at Minho. "Oh yes we totally need people who don't even stop to think what the consequences are to be the most important people. We definitely need someone who probably would run straight into a wall thinking it would be water." I say glaring at Minho. Minho glares before looking at Newt. "So what do you think Newt."

        ~Everyone turns to stare at Newt~

"One night in the pit." He says not making eye contact. "ONE NIGHT IN THE PIT? YOU THINK THAT'S GONNA STOP HIM FROM GOING INTO THE MAZE?" Gally bursts out angrily. "No. No I don't think it'll stop him from going into the maze." Gally stares at him in confusion. "Then why?-" Newt glares at him before continuing. "And your right. We can't have non runners running in the maze whenever they feel like it. So starting from tomorrow. Your a runner" Newt finishes staring right at Thomas. Thomas stares back in shock. "Wow. Just wow." Gally says storming out. "Gally wait-" Frypan says reaching for his arm. "Nah Fry." Gally snaps batting his hand away.
I glare at Thomas. "You little fucker. You better get us out now." I seethe before storming out after Gally.