Chapter Six

"y/n come here" Gally opens his arms wide for y/n to hug him. Burying her face in his chest he wraps his arms around her waist and cuddles her nuzzling his face into the crook of her neck. "You ok sailor?" He looks down at her cupping her cheek gently. "He'll be gone soon" he says firmly. "He won't be able to hurt you anymore". Y/N takes one look behind her at the maze and shivers. "Don't envy him at all" she says before going back to hugging Gally again. "Hey guys-" Minho comes up. "It's time" he says grimly. Gally nods and looks down at y/n. "You can go to homestead and wait until it's over-" "no". "I'm watching whether you like it or not" she says staring up at him. Smiling slightly he pulls her along behind him. "Stand behind me alright love?"
Y/N nods before falling silent at the sight of most of the gladers carrying wooden poles and surrounding Zart. "Stay behind me" Gally whispers before picking his pole up and facing Zart with a poisonous expression. "We are here today to witness the banishment of Zart. He broke one of our rules. Never harm another glader and he did this thrice." Everyone turns to stare at Alby who's staring at Zart with a blank expression. "She made me-" Zart says panicking. "She was asking for it-" Gally shoots him a look shutting Zart up. "Poles up" everyone points their poles towards Zart and starts backing him up into the maze. Zart runs towards Newt who pushes his pole into his face pushing him to the ground. Stumbling to his fit Zart runs towards Winston who pushes him back. Looking for a way out Zart tries to barge past Gally who shoves him forward with one hand and kicks him in the face with his foot. Turning his face towards y/n he locks eyes with her and in one final moment he begs "tell them you asked for it" he begs nearly on his knees in the maze. "Please-" y/n shakes her head staring at him with a blank face. "Y/N you bitch !" He screams before the maze doors close.
Shaking most of the boys prop their poles up at the side of the maze walls and walk past y/n one by one not saying a thing. "Come here" Gally opens his arms and y/n walks towards him wrapping her arms around his waist and burying her face into his chest. "He's gone now sailor" he says kissing her head and rubbing her back comfortingly. "I know" she mumbles pulling away. "Can we go eat.." she looks up at him pleadingly. Smiling softly he agrees and laces his fingers with her's and pulls her towards lunch.

~𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑𝒍𝒍~

Newt stares past Minho's head thinking. "I don't know man.." "you need to ask her herself". Minho sighs. "But she told you what happened" newt looks back at Minho. "Because she trusted me , and I'm not going to betray her trust by telling you what you want". Minho rolls his eyes but falters under Newts glare. "Look of you really wanna know ask her yourself". Minho looks at Newt silently cursing him. "She doesn't want to talk about it". "There ya go" newt says nodding his head. "Give her time , I'm sure she'll tell you soon" Minho sighs and claps Newt on the back. "Ok MuM" he jokes before dodging Newt's outstretched hands. "Come here Minho-" Newt chases after Minho. "No-" Minho goes crashing into y/n who was just walking back from the kitchens getting more water for the med jack's (she's a med jack now)
"Ow-" she groans rubbing her head. "Watch where your going Minho" she jokes before patting his shoulder. Smiling apologetically Minho helps her up and walks back over to Newt blushing furiously. "This is why you don't chase me" he whines flicking Newt on the forehead. Newt scoffs and bats his hand away. "Then don't ask me questions" he says teasingly. Minho sticks his tongue out looking up to see Gally grinning down at them both. "Hey Gally" newt nods at him. "Heyo" he grins back. "Gally is Y/n a med jack now" Minho looks up at Gally. "Uhhhh I think so yeah" he looks down at Minho quizzically. "Why?" "Oh nothing" Minho says quickly. "Just wanted to know..she would've made a good runner" he adds with a bit of bitterness in his voice. Gally frowns looking at Minho "she could've been a runner but she suits being a med jack better" he adds on "plus it's..safer"

~𝒎𝒆𝒂𝒏𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆~

"Got the water" y/n holds the bucket of water up.
Clint points to the chair next to Alby's bed. "Put it there and get a cloth for him please" he adds glancing up at her quickly before going back to what he was doing. Placing the bucket of water down y/n runs into the other room looking through cabinets. Pulling a cloth out she runs back into the room with Clint and Alby. "Here-" Clint grabs it and dunks it into the bucket of water before wringing it and placing it on Alby's forehead. "You go-" she finishes. "Will he be alright?" Clint looks up at her. "He'll be fine... it's just a fever" y/n nods before stepping outside into the fresh air.