𝟙- 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘐𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

Kevin slammed his locker, groaning. I guess it's time for him to get to football practice. That's what my friends told me, anyway. Suddenly, he turned, smacking right into me. Welp, too late to back out now.

"Uh-" he started, quickly getting cut off.

"You're pretty much the perfect guy, you know?"

"I- what?

"I mean, you're hot. You're on the football team, and you're buff. From what I've heard, you're really sweet and sensitive, but also sassy and dumb. So," I held up my hand in the air between us, "my ring finger looks awfully empty. Care to fix that, Kevin?"

"Um, I'm sorry, but I really have to go. Oh, and, uh, who are you?"

"Your future husband," I replied. I really hated this, but my friends forced me to. He groaned again.

"Fine. I'll find out eventually."

"Okay, fine. I'm Jacob Bae. But my friends can't find out that I broke the act. It was a dare. Sorry, it was really awkward for me, too. Have fun at football!"

"Ugh, Jacob! You had to remind me," he pouted, "but thanks, I guess. Have fun...wherever you're going." He didn't even question how I knew he had football practice.

"Cheer tryouts!" I told him, smiling and flashing jazz hands.

"Oh, then I guess I'll get to tease you for being madly in love with me when you make the team?" He smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"First of all, I will never be in love with you, you delulu child. I already told you it was a dare. B. IF I make the team. Don't get my hopes up early just for them to be crushed and lit on fire."

"Okay, how did you go from 'first of all' to 'B'? And also, shut up, I'm sure you'll make the te-"

"Kevin! Coach Myre is looking for you. He says he's about to beat your sorry butt if you don't hurry up," a boy said, walking towards us.

"Sorry, got a little distracted. Plus, I think I have a great butt. How dare he call it sorry," another pout. How cute. The boy laughed.

"Yeah, okay, Kev," he walked closer to us, "oh, hey, Jacob!"

"Eric! Hey, babe!" I ran at him and hugged him as tight as I could.

"Babe?" I turned back to see a confused Kevin standing there, staring at us. "Eric, I didn't know you had a boyfriend! Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Boyfriend?! Ew, no! Eric has been my absolute bestie boo bae since I was, like, four. We actually became friends by fighting over who liked a boy more in pre-school. Confident gays since the beginning," I explained. Eric snorted.

"Sure, you believe that you're a confident gay. Remember that time in freshman year you-" I slapped my hand over his mouth. 

"No, I don't! Shut up, I don't want to talk about it!" Kevin chuckled.

"Well, then you obviously remember." I huffed at him, and he just smiled back. "Okay, c'mon, Eric. Bye, Jacob." I waved, still a little upset.

"Hey, don't hold a grudge, Bae," Eric said, "I won't bring it up again. Good luck at tryouts!"

"Thanks," I mumbled. Eric waved, grabbing a grumbling Kevin by the wrist to drag him to practice.