12

After telling Jacob and Kevin he was taking Changmin to get ice cream,Chanhee abandoned them as quick as possible. Now, he watched from behind as Changmin skipped up ahead, a small smile ghosting his face. The adoration Chanhee felt for the tiny dancer was unmatchable. Truly, he was down bad. He never expected to be this head over heels, as a child he thought he would never love, but only because his view point was corrupted by the idea that he could only look at girls. Over time, he realized he could (and most certainly the frick would) count boys in, too. That didn't go as planned. At some point, he decided he was aromantic and never wanted anyone to ever come near him. That lasted a while, until...

Ji Changmin broke Choi Chanhee's "stable" belief of his orientation. Yeah, the minute Chanhee saw Changmin, he knew he was screwed. He didn't even try to fight it. It was some random day in his sophomore year, and he was passing by some of the dance practice rooms. He was about to make a noise complaint (he understood that you have to be able to hear the music, but seriously, his eardrums were crying), but all thoughts left his mind when he opened the door.

Choi Chanhee was left speechless for the first time in his entire life. He couldn't move, couldn't speak, heck, he wasn't sure he was breathing. The boy he saw in the room was remarkable, honestly Chanhee could've confused him for a professional. The piece was quite slow, lyrical, and Changmin absolutely killed it. His body flowed into the music so well that Chanhee was sure he would hear it perfectly, even if the speakers were off. He fit so well into the piece that you almost couldn't tell it was a puzzle, the lines were so smooth. Chanhee watched in awe, wondering just how close to  perfect someone could be. Maybe this boy was perfect. Maybe it was all a lie that no one was.

Anyways, Chanhee was left seriously questioning his identity. Literally, one quick staring contest with the back of a completely clueless person, and he was already prepared to lay down his life for them. Well, maybe he wouldn't go so far-

"-hee? Choi Chanhee! Hello?"

"Hu- what? Sorry, hi?"

"Jeez, you zoned out for, like, six years. Am I that boring?"

"No, you're not, I swear-"

"Hey, chill, bud. I was joking. Anyways, where are we going?"

"Oh. Right. Sorry, just follow me."

"Okay!" Changmin let Chanhee pass him before continuing to happily skip. Chanhee felt Changmin grab his hand, lightly swinging it back and forth. "Chanhee? Is this a date?"

Chanhee choked, awkwardly coughing. That was unexpected.

"Uh, do you want it to be?"

"Well, kind of..."

"Okay, then. Sure, call it a date."

Changmin clung tighter to Chanhee, failing to bite back his smile. Chanhee chuckled as the younger looked the other way in a poor attempt to hide his happiness. He wasn't going to deny his own smile, or the way his heart was threatening to pound its way out of his ribcage.

--

Chanhee watched as Changmin ate his ice cream, dripping chocolate sauce absolutely everywhere.

"You're a mess. Here, I'll go get napkins- Ji Changmin, how did you manage to get ice cream on your forehead-" Chanhee questioned as he went to grab a few paper towels.

"'m spethial," Changmin replied, mouth full.

"Ew, you nasty! Dont talk with your mouth full! Here, let me they the ice cream off of your forehead- Ji Changmin, stop moving!"

Changmin giggled as Chanhee struggled with the childish boy. Chanhee, huffed, finally getting the chocolate off of the other's forehead, giving up on trying to get anything else. He glared at Changmin, who stared back innocently.

"What?" Changmin asked.

"You suck. And you have ice cream all over your mouth."

"That's where it's supposed to be."

"Ji Changmin- fine. You have ice cream all around your mouth. It's all over your face, you five year old. Oh my god, your shirt-"

"It's fine, I'll wash it."

"Please clean your face, I can't look at you."

"Then dont look at me. Are you admitting that you want to look at my face?" Changmin smirked.

"Shut up, idiot. Keep talking and soon enough you won't have a face."

"Jeez, dude. Fine, hand me a napkin." Chanhee handed him six. He watched as the other guessed where ice cream was. (Which wasn't very hard, it was everywhere.)

"Can I help you? Please? Somehow you're missing everything, and it's literally impossible to pick a random spot and not get anything." Changmin snorted, handing the napkin he was holding to Chanhee. He just sat and watched as Chanhee wiped his face. When Chanhee was done, he threw the napkin at Changmin's face.

"I- hey, what was that for?"

"Stop staring at me, stupid."

🍇

Moonbae who