𝟜- 𝘖𝘩?

-🅺🅴🆅🅸🅽-

"You wanna see buff? Your strength from football will never compare to mine from cheer," Jacob challenged. I smirked.

"Oh, yeah? You think? Maybe we can figure that out by wrestling."

"Like, arm wrestling? You're on, wimp."

"No," my mood was now completely playful, "I was thinking more like...tongue wrestling." I raised my eyebrows at him. He looked confused for a second before gasping and slapping his hand over my mouth.

"Kevin, that's weird! Gross! You idiot," he whined, "someone may hear!" I smiled and pulled his wrist away from my mouth.

"So? You're madly in love with me, aren't you?"

"Ew, no! You're disgusting," he stated, scrunching up his nose.

"Uh, I don't think the fact that you're sitting on my lap helps your case much, babe."

"I- you- shut up!" I laughed, shaking my head.

"No, thanks. Anyways, how's your head?"

"Slightly less throbbing than before..."

"Well, it's progress. Can I get your number so I can check on you tonight?"

"You sure you don't just wanna send me unholy things?" Jacob asked skeptically.

"What does that mean? Uh, no? I just wanna check on you."

"Oh. Okay. Then sure, fine."

"Cool," I pulled out my phone, "What's your number?"

"(***)-***-****"

"Got it. Thanks! Now go home and rest. I'll text you in a few hours." He nodded and slipped off my lap, standing up. I stood as well, surprised when he wrapped his arms around my neck and put his head on my shoulder.

"Thank you, Kevin. You were really sweet." He pulled away. If I thought the hug was surprising, I was absolutely struck dumb when he kissed my cheek. He started walking away and waving. It took me a second to process what had just happened.

"H-hey, wait!" He turned, confused. I ran up and cupped his cheeks, kissing his forehead. "It was only fair if I made it even." He shook his head, laughing.

"Whatever, bud."

"Hey, are you sure you can drive fine with your head?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Okay, I trust you. Well, bye, Bae!"

"Bye Vinnie~" Vinnie? that's the cutest thing I've ever heard. I watched him walk away before I realized I didn't have a ride.

"Hey, Jacob!" I yelled, running towards his car. He turned and gave me a look of fake annoyance.

"What, Kevin?"

"Uh," I rubbed my nape nervously, "sorry to bother you, but...do you mind driving me home? My car broke down so my mom brought me this morning, but she's at work. I told her I would get a ride, and I forgot to ask Taeil hyung..." He smiled.

"Sure, Kevin. What's your address?" ⁽ʰᴼʷ ʸᵒᵘ ᵈᴼⁱⁿᵍ? ᵗᴱˡˡ ᵐᵉ ʷʰᴬᵗ'ˢ ʸᴼᵘʳ ⁿᴬᵐᵉ? ʷʰᴬᵗ'ˢ ʸᴼᵁᴿ ˢᴵᴳⁿ⁻⁾

"127 Dream Way." ⁽*ʷⁱᵍᵍˡᵉˢ ᵉʸᵉᵇʳᵒʷˢ*⁾

"Got it," he said, slipping into his car. "Get in." I quickly walked over to the other of the car and got in. He started the engine and pulled out of the school parking lot.

"Thanks, Jacob. Again, sorry for bothering you," I said, fiddling with my hands. He shook his head, keeping his eyes on the road.

"You're no bother, Kevin."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure," he replied.

"Thank you, Jacob," I told him.

"It's no big deal, Kev." I swear, the nicknames coming from him make me feel some sort of different. Gosh, I'm so gay. "Um...good for you?"

"Sorry, what?" He turned his head slightly and raised an eyebrow at me.

"You just stated- very confidently, might I add- 'Gosh, I'm so gay.' So, good for you, I guess," he told me. A groan escaped my lips.

"I said that out loud?" Well, that's great.

-🄹🄰🄲🄾🄱-

I turned back to the road, trying to contain the smile breaking out on my face as a side effect of Kevin's behavior. The slight flush on his face and the crease of his forehead showed his embarrassment.

He's so cute.

Gosh, sometimes my brain needs to shut up. He's just the dude I was dared to talk to. Sure, you could make a friend while you're at it, but it's not helpful if you fall head over heels for him on the way. The solution? Push all thoughts than lean even slightly towards non-platonic out of the way, then you won't be bothered.

🍇

ᵀʰᵉʳᵉ ʷᵃˢ ᵃ ʳᵉᵃˡˡʸ ᶜᵘᵗᵉ ᵖⁱᶜᵗᵘʳᵉ ᵒᶠ ᴹⁱⁿᵍⁱ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵖⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗ ᶠᵉᵉᵈ ᵇᵘᵗ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ⁱᵗ ʳᵉᶠʳᵉˢʰᵉᵈ ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ᴵ ᵃᵐ :⁽

ᴮᵘᵗ ᵃⁿʸʷᵃʸˢ ʸᵉᵃʰ ♡ ᴵ ʰᵃᵛᵉⁿ'ᵗ ᵘᵖᵈᵃᵗᵉᵈ ⁱⁿ ᵃˡᵐᵒˢᵗ ᵃ ᵐᵒⁿᵗʰ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴵ ᶠᵉˡᵗ ᵇᵃᵈ ˢᵒ...ˡᵒᵛᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵘʸˢ ♡