𝟛- 𝘞𝘦𝘭𝘭...

-🅺🅴🆅🅸🅽-

"Oh, gosh, oh, gosh, oh, gosh-" I repeated as I sprinted towards the other side of the football field. 

Oh my goodness, I just clocked some hopeful cheerleader on the head with a football. And the cheer tryouts are happening right now. Great, now I feel just peachy. This is wonderful, I'm not freaking out. Not at all, totally not.

As I got closer, I recognized a certain blonde boy laying on the ground. I started sprinting faster, worried for the boy who intrigued me as soon as I caught sight of him. Hey just lay there, lifeless, everyone around him just staring worriedly. Why on Earth aren't they doing anything to help him?

As soon as I got over to him, I collapsed onto my knees, pulling him onto my lap. I placed one hand on his back for support, the other caressing his cheek. 

"Hey, Jacob, I'm so sorry. Hey. Are you okay? Jacob?" I rubbed his cheek, trying to get him to open his eyes. "Jacob?" He slowly pried his eyes open, rubbing his head and wincing. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Is your head okay?" I grabbed his hand and pulled it away from his head so he wouldn't hurt it more. 

"How did you know my head hurt?" He questioned.

"Well, anyone could tell, based on you flinching every time you rub your head. Plus, I just, uh, hit you on the head with a football. From experience, it doesn't exactly feel great."

"No, it really doe-"

"Numbers 16-20! Your turn!" Jacob grunted before trying to get up. I grabbed his waist to keep him from moving.

"Kevin, I have to-"

"No. I'll talk to the lady. You stay here." He rolled his eyes before scooting off of my lap and sitting on the grass. He stuck his tongue out at me. I response, I did the only responsible thing and stuck my tongue out back at him. I turned and walked towards the lady calling out numbers, who had the other four around her. She seemed to be looking for another. Jacob. I broke into a slightly faster jog, waving at her. She gave me a puzzle look.

"Are you trying out?"

"Oh, no. I'm on the football team. Um, who exactly are you looking for?"

"Number 17, Jacob Bae."

"Right, I figures. Well, um, I kind of just hit him on the head with a football on accident. Is there any way that he can, like, try out later, or something?" Her confused face instantly transformed to that of concern.

"Of course. I'll talk it over with the judges, we'll try to set a makeup date for him. Do you need some ice?"

"Thank you so much, ma'am. And, um, yes, please."

"There's a cooler over there with some ice in it and there's a Ziploc bag next to it. It should be empty, it just had the numbers pinned to everyone's shirts in it."

"Thank you, so, so, much."

"It's no problem, sweetie." I headed over to where she pointed and filled the bag with ice. I walked back over to Jacob and sat on the ground again. I motioned for him to sit on my lap again, and he seemed tired, so he just did as I told him to. I set the bag on his head after asking him where it hurt the most.

"I'm so sorry, Jacob," I whispered.

"You didn't mean to," he whispered back. "Plus, shouldn't you get back to practice?" He looked up at me, so I just shook my head no.

"I asked coach if I could be done. We only had ten more minutes, anyways."

"Oh, okay. Thanks for coming to take care of me," he said the last part coyly, burying his head in my shoulder blade. I smiled and ran my hand that wasn't holding the ice bag through his hair.

"It was common courtesy, Bae." He punched my shoulder. "Oh, wow. That hurt so bad. Ouchies." He punched me again, and I laughed, ruffling his hair. "I thought cheerleaders were supposed to be buff," I teased. He looked up at me with a mock look of anger.

"You wanna see buff? Your strength from football will never compare to mine from cheer," he challenged. I smirked.

"Oh, yeah? You think? Maybe we can figure that out by wrestling."

--

ꜱᴏ ɪ'ᴍ ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ᴜᴘꜱᴇᴛ ᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ᴋᴇᴘᴛ ᴍᴇꜱꜱɪɴɢ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇʟᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍʏ ɢʀᴀᴍᴍᴀʀ ɪꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ꜱᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ ʙᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴍʏ ꜱɪʙʟɪɴɢꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴏᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ'ᴍ ᴅᴏɪɴɢ

★彡( ⱧɆⱠ₱ )彡★