2

shinso and y/n stayed up for hours reworking the phrasing of the letter. by the end of it, y/n had placed the letter in a pink envelope and sealed it with red wax that had been outlined with a heart shape. the stamper was given to her as a gift from shinso when they graduated middle school since he knew she had a soft spot for cute stationery.

"you ready?" shinso asked as they walked towards the building. the two had gotten only a few hours of sleep, but y/n wanted to get to class before bakugo and the rest of his friends.

she had a plan: leave the note on his desk and make a run for it.

"not really," y/n clutched the letter as her heart raced.

"hey," shinso patted her back as they reached the doorway. he held the door open for her and motioned for her to walk inside. "it'll be alright, just put the letter on his desk and sit in my class for a bit."

y/n mumbled an 'okay' as she made her way inside. the two made their way up the stairs and towards 1a. shinso waited outside the door as y/n looked around the classroom.

"iida?" y/n questioned as she saw the taller male sitting on high alert in his seat.

"l/n! you're early!" he stood up quickly and bowed. y/n smiled and bowed back. she wasn't one for formalities, but she did like how iida would bow as a greeting.

"i am," y/n smiled as she leaned against bakugo's desk, slowly leaving the letter behind her on the table. "I had some things to do for a friend."

"and said things included a letter?" iida motioned to the letter she was attempting to hide. y/n's eyes widened as she nervously laughed.

"not a word about this," y/n squinted at iida, he only nodded and sat back down. "i'll be back before the bell rings, do you want anything? water?"

"no, thank you, l/n. make sure you're back before aizawa." y/n smiled and bowed quickly before running out of the classroom.

"went well?" shinso asked as he looked up from his phone.

"it did," y/n smiled as she looked down the hall. "shit."

shinso looked confused. he looked down the hall and saw a group of two. sero and kaminari.

"oh look your spark buddy," shinso laughed at his own joke as y/n panicked. she grabbed her friend's hand and booked in toward his class.

"chill," shinso said, panting over his desk. "they didn't even see us."

"they could've!" y/n argued as she took the set beside him.

"you're lucky no one in here," shinso mumbled so he laid his head down on his desk.

"no one's ever up this-" y/n was cut off by a scream.

"HOLY SHIT-" y/n heard from down the hall.

"spark buddy?" shinso asked. y/n sighed.

y/n heard an even louder scolding come from the hallway as she slid down the seat, groaning as she did so.

"think they'll read it?" y/n questioned.

"i don't think big guy will let that happen," shinso pointed out. y/n nodded as she fixed her posture. "want me to walk you a bit early? see how bad it is?"

"please?" y/n stood up and followed shinso as he left his classroom, passing by a few of his classmates as he went.

y/n couldn't help but feel her heart beating much louder than normal. shinso could sense it, y/n knew he could. he only huffed slightly and rubbed her shoulder softly as they walked towards the large 1a door.  he held it open and y/n smiled softly.

"thank you," y/n turned to iida, who was holding the letter above his head. "you good, big guy?"

"hey, that's my nickname," shinso lightly pushed her. "iida." shinso waved.

"hey look, it's purple guy," kaminari turned his attention away from the letter, iida sighed with relief and placed it back on bakugo's desk.

"shinso," iida greeted as he bowed, shinso smirked.

"spark buddy!" kaminari made his way towards y/n and threw his arm around her shoulder, y/n laughed nervously as she patted his arm.

"hey l/n," y/n waved towards sero. he was her favorite out of the group. and yet, bakugo had still managed to pull on her heart throughout the year.

"oh look, more of our friends," shinso said as he messed with todoroki's hair as he entered the class, midoriya, tsuyu, and uraraka following behind him. todoroki only groaned as he made his way past shinso.

"i should kill you for that," todoroki mumbled under his breath as he fixed his hair.

y/n ignored the two boys bickering and hugged tsuyu since she was the first one to enter.

"n/n," tsuyu looked at bakugo's desk and narrowed her eyes towards y/n. "you did it?" she whispered.

y/n smiled and nodded quickly.

"and my hug?" uraraka questioned. y/n smiled as she embraced her other friend.

"i don't get how she's so touchy," shinso said to todoroki.

"no idea," todoroki replied.

"i think it's nice!" midoriya protested.

"well i gotta go," shinso looked at his phone and saw the time. "see you guys at lunch," shinso pulled y/n into a tight hug and pressed a kiss onto her forehead.

kaminari and sero watched in awe. to the rest of their friend group, it was nothing but normal.

"are you-" sero asked y/n.

"me and shinso?" y/n asked. both boys nodded. "never, he's like family."

"outta my way, extras," y/n froze at the sound of bakugo's voice.

the group moved from in front of the door and made their way towards their seats.

"what the fuck is this?" bakugo asked out loud as he picked up the letter and flipped it over, inspecting it. y/n gulped as more and more of her classmates entered.