9

"guys it's been a month," y/n whined as she closed the textbook that was opened up on her desk. she was on the phone with shinso and sero trying to study (emphasis on trying). "he hasn't even talked to me!"

"well you guys don't really talk anyway," shinso pointed out.

"no, hitoshi, it's even worse now! i'd usually get to make small talk here and there but now he just ignores me or walks away!"

"this is true," sero said, still looking at his laptop which was off camera because of how his phone was propped up. "once y/n and i had to stay after class to make up an assignment and he walked in because he left something on his desk. once he saw y/n he stormed off."

"hitoshi stop laughing" y/n whined as her best friend laughed even harder, this time sero joined him.

the three friends went back to the school work they were attempting, but y/n couldn't get bakugo off of her mind.

her dilemma was so prominent, in fact, that it managed to find its way over to her lunch table the next day.

"look he's even leaving early to avoid you," todoroki pointed out in between bites of his food, causing shinso to laugh and y/n to hide her face with her hands.

"it's not funny," y/n protested as her face grew warmer and warmer.

"what's going on here?" sero had asked, startling shinso since he had grabbed his shoulders.

"y/n's embarrassed," shinso said, scooting over on his seat to make room for sero.

"when is she not?"

"it's almost like you guys don't leave me alone," y/n mumbled as she began to pile the table's trash on top of her tray.

"you'll manage," shinso chuckled. the rest of the group agreed and went back to their varying conversations.

shinso rubbed y/n's shoulder before getting up to throw his trash out. y/n mumbled to herself as she put what remained of her lunch back into her lunch box.

y/n rested her chin on her hands and turned to look at sero, who was texting. she leaned over to see who he had been talking to, causing sero to pull his phone to his chest.

"stop being so nosy!" y/n laughed at him and briefly apologized. "you're all good. do you think you could grab my sweater from your locker before class?"

"why is your sweater in y/n's locker?" uraraka questioned.

"my lock broke so i have to wait for someone to fix it, unfortunately."

"um yeah i'll grab it," y/n responded.

"like now, please."

"okay weirdo," y/n gave sero a strange look. sero awkwardly smiled in return. "hitoshi, can you come with me? i'll just put my lunchbox back early." the boy, who had yet to sit back down, hummed in agreement and followed her out of the cafeteria.

"he was being weird, right?" y/n asked shinso once they were out of the cafeteria and in the hallway.

"for sure," shinso adjusted his jacket. "maybe the cold was getting to him."

"maybe," y/n shrugged.

as the two grew closer and closer to her locker, they realized there was a familiar duo standing beside it. 

"um," y/n stopped walking and began to whisper. "why is bakugo next to my locker?"

"isn't the redhead's locker next to yours?"

"oh yeah. forget i said that," y/n shook her head and waved the thought away as she continued walking towards her locker. she watched as the boys spoke to one another as kirishima repeatedly opened and closed his locker.

what y/n couldn't hear, however, was the panic in kirishima's voice.

"she's getting closer! you should've done this earlier!"

"shut up! i don't need you making this shit worse," bakugo whisper yelled at kirishima as he slammed the locker door shut, nearly slamming it on kirishima's fingers.

"you gotta be more careful," kirishima complained as he turned his attention to y/n and shinso, who had now reached the lockers.

"kirishima," y/n greeted the redhead with a smile once she made it to her locker. "bakugo."

she opened up her locker and put her lunch box inside. before she could grab the sweater, she was slightly startled by the loud bell that indicated lunch was over.

"fuck it," bakugo mumbled and clears his throat. y/n turns to him, seeing a folded-up piece of paper in his hand. she looked up at him, eyes widened. then back at shinso, who's eyes were also agape.

"um, excuse me?" y/n managed to say. her mind was racing and her heart was pounding a little too loud for her liking.

"you took too long to tell me in person."

y/n's face grew even hotter than it was before. was that even possible? she didn't know. she slowly looked back up at him, noticing kirishima's pride as he stood behind bakugo (who was also blushing, though he'd never admit it).

"you gotta hurry up the hallways gonna be crowded soon," shinso whispered in y/n's ear.

"um, i-" bakugo didn't let her finish. he shoved the paper into her hand and walked off, kirishima quickly following behind.

once kirishima and bakugo were out of sight, y/n turned to shinso.

"holy shit." they said in unison. they laughed a bit as y/n looked down at the note in her hand. she couldn't wait to read what bakugo had to say.