10

later that night, once y/n was settled at home, she finally began working up the nerve to read the letter.

she sat on her desk with the folded-up note in front of her. instead of immediately opening it, she decided to call shinso.

"i can't do it," y/n said once he answered. her phone was propped up the same it had been when she had written her original letter.

realistically, she knew whatever was in the note wasn't that bad. but what if it was that bad.

"if it's a rejection, at least you'll be able to move on from it."

"you know what," y/n say up in her chair and cleared her throat. "you're right."

shinso hummed in agreement as y/n began to unravel the note.

"dear- wait," y/n stopped reading the note and looked up at shinso. "he spelled my name wrong at first."

shinso laughed. in fact, he laughed so hard that his mother had to come in his room to tell him to shut up since it was late.

after getting over the initial embarrassment, y/n continued reading the letter. shinso promised to stay on the phone in case she needed him, so he waited quietly for her to speak up.

it was short (and seemingly written in one go) and straight to the point.

he had heard her the day of the arcade visit and he knew that sero knew as well.

"oh that's why sero had me go to my locker," y/n looked up at her friend. "he knew about the note."

"makes sense," shinso yawned.

bakugo continued on by saying he wasn't "disgusted" by the idea of her liking him, which made him realize that maybe he liked her too.

by the end of the letter, bakugo had given her his number. directly after his number, however, was bakugo saying he'd take her out on a date when she reached out.

"holy shit," y/n's eyes widened as she reread the ending line over and over again. "he wants to go out with me!"

"isn't that what you wanted?"

"yeah, but i have to call him first."

"after all the back and forth? i think you need to talk to him directly."

"fine," y/n grabbed her phone and began typing the number into her phone. "i'll call him. i'll let you know how it goes."

"good lu-" y/n hung up and pressed call on the new number she was given.

y/n could barely hear the phone ringing over the sound of her heart beating.

y/n began biting at her nails and pacing around her room.

why was he taking so long to answer? had he given her the wrong number? was this all a joke to him? was sero in on it?

before y/n could get herself too worked up, the phone call was finally answered.

"hello?" it was him.

"um, hey it's y/n?"

"why are you saying it like a question," yeah. it was definitely him.

"right," y/n laughed at herself a little before sitting back down in her chair. "so, i read the note."

"oh," there was a moment of silence between the two. "so when are you free?"

"tomorrow!" y/n nearly yelled. she covered her mouth once the words were spoken and bakugo chuckled. "i mean, i'm free tomorrow night if you are."

"yeah that's fine," there was some shuffling on his end of the call. "wanna go back to that arcade?"

"yeah, we didn't talk much the first time around," y/n was sure he could hear her smiling through the phone.

"you're right," again, there was a moment of silence. only this time, y/n didn't seem to mind. "how about 6:30? i'll buy you dinner."

"do you want to meet there?"

"nah, i'll come get you. just text me your address."

"okay," y/n could feel her face getting warmer. "i'll do that right now."

"i got it," bakugo said once the message was received. "i'll see you tomorrow, l/n."

"bye bakugo," y/n was giddy as she heard the call disconnect. "i have to tell hitoshi!"

n/n
I GOT A FUCKING DATE

toshi
oh that poor soul
(very happy for u)

n/n
choke.
(ty toshi)