7

throughout the night, y/n ended up moving seats around the booth, due to kaminari and sero's constant need to get up and go to the bathroom, until she sat beside bakugo and kirishima, she figured it was intentional on sero's behalf, but she didn't mind.

once the pizza arrived, y/n took a slice and ate quietly as the rest of the table talked.

"is your hair naturally like that?" y/n asked kirishima in between bites.

"nope," kirishima wiped his mouth as he turned his attention to the girl beside him. "i harden my hair and then put hair gel on!"

"that's so cool," y/n placed her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her palm as she looked up at kirishima in awe. the boy blushed slightly and rubbed his neck as he smiled.

"it's not that cool."

"i beg to differ," y/n sat up again and took a sip of her soda that sero had ordered her.

while this conversation was happening, ashido noticed a girl who seemed to be around their age at one go the machines waiting in line.

"go for it," kaminari nudged here a bit with a smirk on his face.

"you know what," ashido stood up and adjusted her pants. "i will."

"doesn't your breath smell like pizza?" sero raised an eyebrow. "probably not the biggest turn-on, you know?"

"shit you're right," ashido whined before turning her attention toward the rest of the table. "do any of you guys have gum? i left mine at home."

"yeah i have some," y/n mumbled as she dug through her purse and passed ashido the half-empty pack of cinnamon gum.

"gross i thought bakugo was the only one who liked this."

"watch it," bakugo mumbled as he went back to ignoring the table. ashido laughed to herself as she handed y/n back her gum.

bakugo watched quietly as y/n began interacting with everyone else more slowly but surely.

surely, it was a coincidence, right?

bakugo sat back as he thought more about a specific paragraph of the letter.

"i noticed little things about you that i took mental note of. how you smirk whenever Midoriya gets a wrong answer, how you naturally lean towards kirishima during quirk training, how you only use black pens. how the only gum you carry is cinnamon, which i also started buying because of you, but that's beside the point. even the slight look of pride you have when kirishima comes to you with a high test score."

the only reason he managed to memorize was because he read it to himself over and over again until his brain seemed to know what word came after the other.

who the hell would write all of that about him?

he looked at y/n, staring at her long and hard. y/n noticed the staring and turned to him, which her ears reddening, she smiled softly at him.

maybe it was her.

no.

that wouldn't make sense.

why would it be her?

just a coincidence. it has to be.