8

about an hour later, the night naturally died down.

both groups made their way outside of the arcade and conversed with one another. some left, some waited on rides, and others waited for everyone else to leave to make sure they left safely.

y/n sat on one of the benches outside with tsuyu before her phone rang. she excused herself and walked off away from the group.

"hitoshi? what's up?" y/n questioned once she answered the phone.

"are you heading home soon? your mom stopped by my place asking for you."

"yeah," y/n looked around. she noticed bakugo leaning against the building with kirishima beside him, also on the phone. "is that all? she could've texted me."

"yeah but it's whatever now," shinso mumbled. "how was the arcade?"

"it was fun! i enjoyed spending time with my little spark buddy."

"right, just him. definitely not the guy you're madly in love with."

"listen," y/n sighed. "i am not madly in love with him! i just like him!"

"right."

"i'm not," y/n said fairly loudly, grabbing the attention of a certain someone near her. "it's just a little school crush."

"you like him so much that you wrote him a love letter."

"i like him so much that i wrote him a love letter," y/n admitted while she paced around. "you know what, i'm gonna go. sero offered to ride the train with me back home."

"alright man," shinso yawned. "love you. get home safe."

"love you too," y/n hung up and turned back around to kirishima, who was still on the phone, and bakugo, who was now looking right at her.

once y/n realized she was making eye contact, she turned away quickly and returned to the group, cheeks burning slightly.

y/n made her rounds throughout the now combined group saying her goodbyes. sero joined her shortly after. once both of them had finished, they made their way to the crosswalk.

bakugo watched the two hastily leave. by the time they had crossed the street, kirishima finally had gotten off the phone.

"aw man sero left without saying goodbye!"

bakugo didn't hear him.

well, he did but he was too busy thinking about the fact that he had just heard y/n say that she was the one who wrote him the letter.

"bro i think he heard me," y/n groaned as they made their way into the train station "i literally admitted it. out loud. in front of him."

"i don't know why you would do that," sero laughed as they made their way to the train, which was pulling in.

"at least I'm lucky with this today," y/n rushed on the train and took a seat that was near the door. sero stood in front of her, holding onto the rail once the train started moving.

"if it makes you feel any better," sero picked back up the conversation now that there wouldn't be any interruptions. "i think his hearing isn't the best. he literally has explosives going on right by his ears all day."

"but he was looking right at me," y/n whined as she threw her head back, hitting the glass in the process. "today's just not my day."

"you okay?"

"my head or my ego?"

"both?"

"I'll live," y/n put in one of her headphones and connected them to her phone. "maybe he'll just forget about it."

"or," sero sat down beside her. "maybe he'll feel the same way! he seemed pretty into the letter thing, maybe it'll help knowing it's you!"

y/n laughed. sero did not.

"you can't be serious."

"i am!"

"we can hope for the best," y/n mumbled before picking a playlist on her phone and hitting play.

the rest of the ride was quiet. sero dropped the topic and went on his phone. he made sure to update his mom on how far he was from home.

once they had reached their stop, sero walker y/n down her street and made sure she reached the lobby of the apartment she lived in before making his way home.

"he seems so much nicer than the other guy," shinso said once sero had left the lobby.

"you were waiting for me?"

"yeah," shinso made his way to the elevator. y/n followed. "your mom wanted me to grab you. she didn't know if you'd be alone or now."

"how sweet," y/n smiled as they entered the elevator. 

"so,"  y/n turned to look at shinso. "sero texted me about your little issue."

"i don't wanna talk about it." y/n whined as the elevator dinged. "i just wanna go home."