5

y/n sent a quick 'made it safely' text to shinso as she entered the building. she looked around and saw tsu in an oversized sage green hoodie over shorts and white filas standing beside uraraka who had on a similar outfit to tsu, only her hoodie was pale pink.

"so that's why you didn't need help getting dressed," y/n said as she put her arms around both girl's shoulders.

"y/n!" uraraka hugged her side. "you actually came."

"don't make me regret it," she looked around and saw some of her classmates. "oh shit."

"yup," tsu said as she looked towards where y/n was looking. a table with kaminari, kirishima, ashido, sero, and bakugo.

"didn't think he would show up," y/n mumbled as she messed around with the sleeves of the sweatshirt.

"let's go over there," uraraka said, dragging y/n towards the table before she could even protest. tsu alighted softly towards herself as she went to go find someone else to talk to.

"mina!" uraraka said, as she leaned in for a hug.

y/n took a look around the booth, starting with ashido. from what y/n could see, she wore a white crop top and black jeans. beside her was kaminari, who had a white shirt with a jean jacket. sero was wearing a similar outfit, but he had a windbreaker instead. next was kirishima who matched his shirt to his hair. and finally, bakugo. his outfit wasn't anything special, a black t-shirt with a small skull on the left side of his chest and black joggers.

"ochaco!" ashido stood up to give the girl a proper hug. "l/n!" y/n froze a bit at the mention of her name, but returned the hug she received from the welcoming girl.

"hey, ashido."

"you guys wanna sit with us?" ashido motioned towards the table.

"no that's fine, we just came over to say hi!" uraraka explained as ashido sat back down.

"hey l/n how come shinso isn't with you?" kaminari asked.

"he wanted to stay home," y/n explained.

"you left your boyfriend alone?" mina asked.

"what?" y/n laughed nervously. "no hitoshi and i aren't dating."

"yeah she likes someone else," uraraka explained. y/n turned to her with a look of pure horror on her face. "shit."

"well we gotta go," y/n laughed awkwardly as she dragged uraraka away from the table and towards one of the machines.

"you're gonna be the death of me, you know that?" y/n asked once they were far enough away from the table.

"sorry it slipped," uraraka shrugged. "plus he was literally right there."

"whatever," y/n shrugged it off. "c'mon let me beat you in air hockey."

and so she did, the two walked around and played whatever game was open. they ran into iida, todoroki, and midoriya while making their rounds and stopped to greet them.

"where's tsuyu?" midoriya asked, who was wearing a white t-shirt, cargo shorts, and a pair of red shoes that he 100% wore too often.

"no idea," y/n replied as she looked around. "probably with tokoyami."

"l/n," todoroki had pulled y/n aside from the group nervously.

"hi?"

"i think sero knows," todoroki said quietly. y/n felt her heart drop to her stomach.

"how would he know?" y/n said she looked back at the table he was sitting at, he was now gone.

"iida said he was asking why you were there so early, i think he put two and two together."

y/n turned to iida, who was wearing a navy blue button-up, jeans, and black dress shoes. overdressed as always.

y/n waved him over frantically. iida looked confused and excused himself from his other friends.

"what's wrong, l/n?"

"did you say anything?" y/n asked. iida seemed confused "to sero this morning."

"i would never!" iida seemed taken aback.

"i didn't mean to offend you," y/n sighed. "i just don't understand why todoroki would say he's on to me if no one told him anything."

"no one had to," sero spoke. fuck.