Reborn.... Once Again

Voltron stood in front of a large Galran weapon that had just landed on the Balmera's surface. The sheer intensity from the aura running off the weapon was enough take everyone shake in pure terror.

"Oh, no!" Pidge said.

"Please tell me there's not another monster in there." Hunk begged, "Please tell me it's empty! Or full of space candy. One of those two. Either one is fine."

"I don't think it's a piñata, Hunk." Lance answered.

"If it's the same kind of monster that attacked us on Arus, we already know how to beat it." Keith said confidently.

The Green and Red Lions combined and formed the sword in the Red Lion's mouth. Novae's hand shook from the feeling of coming from the weapon, but she continued to remain strong and held her controls tighter.

"Gold, I need you to divert power into the shields and armor. Voltron must be protected." She whispered to her Lion.

"Child, you understand what-"

"I am prepared to face the consequences of my actions. Please, Gold, do this. If not for me, then for Voltron and the Balmera. I owe this creature that much at least."

The Lion went silent, but complied with her pilot's request and diverted power to the shields and armor.

Novae was weakened, but she had no regrets in her decision.

After Voltron formed the shield, everyone waited for the first attack.

"Hold your ground!" Shiro ordered.

Suddenly, the Galra weapon burst open, air escaping the object and kicking up dirt from the ground.

Pieces of it fell away, revealing the enemy within. The beast was large, the fleshy tone of its head and body being hidden away by the red and black armor, only showing the large pointed teeth.

Its long arm hung limply at its sides as if it were asleep while awaiting orders to attack. Just then, its head rose and stared straight at us while its large eyes glowed green.

Its chest began to glow the same color, giving Novae a terrible feeling of dread and fear.

"Everyone, we must move now!" Novae shouted, but her warning was too late.

The monster fired a bright green beam at Voltron. It was blocked with the shield but they were pushed back by the force of the blast.

"It's not candy!" Hunk shouted.

"And it's not the same monster!" Lance added.

Quickly the team spun around and away from the powerful blast.

"We need to draw its fire away from the Balmera's surface!" Shiro shouted.

Voltron pushed against the blast and tried to get closer, but the Galra monster was smarter than their previous enemy. It flew high into the air and fired another blast

Everyone groaned from the force of the blast as they were forced backwards. Novae almost cried out in pain from the shock of the blast, slumping over in her seat, but keeping her hands in a firm grip around her controls.

She couldn't stop giving power, not just yet.

Voltron flew quickly, avoiding the green blast from the monster. The team got in as close as they could, then swung their sword to behead the monster. The monster dodged by ducking low and rushing past them.

Voltron turned around and was hit with a smaller, but powerful, shot. Novae screamed aloud this time when the shot hit Voltron's chest, right where Novae's cockpit was located.