Her Truth

🦁Hello everyone! Welcome to the moment you've all been waiting for! I call this the Novae Arc, where her secrets, her past, her very being shall be revealed within the next few chapters. Warning: Scenes in this chapter will include secrets, shouting, anger and plenty of negative emotions. If sensitive to negative emotions, please be cautious. Thank you and enjoy!🦁

"I want my niece back in my grasp!"

Those words echoed within the minds of the Paladins after Zarkon confessed such a secret. Novae, the Blue Star of the Rebellion, was his niece?

Novae curled up in her Lion's cockpit, her entire body shaking in fear with her hands covering her ears. She didn't want to hear his voice. That terrifying, hoarse, sickening voice that constantly echoed in her nightmares. And now, he had revealed a secret she had worked so hard in keeping.

"Novae?" Allura's voice came through, shaking with an emotion unknown to Novae, but she could feel it in her soul. Allura sounded almost livid, and when the video feed came through, Novae could see the anger in Allura's eyes. Just as Allura's face came on-screen, the other Paladins' faces appeared, all of them confused, shocked, and filled with a sense of betrayal.

"What did he mean by that?" Allura asked. Novae put her head down, not having the strength or courage to look at them any of them in the face.

"Novae!" Allura shouted, one of the few times Allura had ever raised her voice. And to Novae, it was terrifying.

"Princess." Shiro said in a tone Novae had never heard from him, "We should go back to the Castle and figure this out."

"I want an answer now!" Allura shouted, "Is what he said true, Novae?"

Novae didn't answer. She couldn't. What could she say? If she denied it, she would be lying and she didn't want to lie about herself anymore than she already had. The silence was too much for anyone, and the Paladins wanted to know the truth. They had no choice but to go back to the Castle so they could get their answers.

As soon as they docked the Lions in their hangars, the Paladins, Allura, Coran and Matt rushed to the lounge where Novae would normally relax after a mission. They walked through the door and found her sitting on one of the couches, her head in her hands too afraid to face the others.

Allura glared at Novae and stood in front of her.

"Is it true?" She asked demanding an answer, "Was what Zarkon said true? Are you his niece?"

Novae didn't say a word, nor did she move from her position, not even a single centimeter. But Allura wanted an answer. She grabbed Novae by her shoulders and pulled her off of the couch.

"Allura!" Shiro shouted to make Allura stop, but the Altean didn't loosen her grip. Novae looked down and away.

"Answer me!" Allura shouted in what could be seen of Novae's face, "Is it or is it not true about what Zarkon said? Are you his niece or not?"

"Allura, we need to be calm about this." Pidge said.

"How can I be calm about this?" Allura shouted letting Novae go and turning around to face the other Paladins, "Zarkon claimed that she was his niece! We cannot ignore this kind of confession. And what did he mean about back in his grasp? I just want to know the truth!"

"Allura, we need to--"

"It is the truth." Novae answered quietly, falling back down to the couch as the others stared at her in shock, "What Zarkon said is the truth. By blood I am related to him."

There was a brief silence, "And you didn't think to tell us this piece of information?" Allura growled.

"Novae, why didn't you tell us this?" Lance asked.