The Third Death: Her Bond Through Tears

They stared at the girl dressed in a beautiful white gown, admiring her appearance and her smile. The group couldn't help but wonder what that light in her hands was, but they didn't get the chance to ask since she curtsied at them.

"It is a pleasure to finally meet you all face to face." She said, "I am the third true death Novae has experienced throughout her lifetime. Please, call me Third. I am a love that has been given through tears. A bond that has been formed from two pain stricken hearts, but torn from a smile filled with both happiness and pain. Are you ready to see it, young Paladins and Princess?"

Everyone couldn't answer as the memories passed by them like wind. The first memory they saw was Novae kneeling in front of a new leader of the Blades of Marmora. It was a tall woman with lavender colored hair dressed in a senior's uniform. She stared down at Novae with a kind yet sorrowful smile.

Novae simply looked down at the floor, her short hair brushing against her cheeks as she held out her sword with the Marmora symbol on the hilt.

"Are you sure you wish to do this, Blue Star?" The woman asked, "You are the strongest out of all of us. If you leave, our strength will be greatly depleted."

Novae nodded her head, looking up to face the woman with a sad smile, "I have been thinking about my decision for quite some time, and I believe me leaving the Blades of Marmora would be best for the Rebellion and for the Blades. It is time for me to leave now. Thank you for accepting me into the Blades, and keeping me for so long."

The woman walked down the small flight of steps and knelt down in front of Novae. She put her hand on the girl's shoulder and pushed the blade towards her.

"Once a Blade, always a Blade." She said, "No matter where you go and no matter how long you are away from us, you will always be welcomed here without hesitation."

The woman took Novae by the hand and stood her up on her feet. Instantly, every Marmoran agent saluted to Novae, including the leader.

"We hope to see you again one day in the future. Please do not hesitate to ask for our help whenever you need it. We would be honored to work alongside you again, Senior Officer Blue Star."

Novae smiled and saluted back, "Thank you for your leadership and your acceptance, Senior Officer Morana."

Suddenly, the woman, Morana, smiled and hugged Novae like she was a child. Novae hugged back and the memory faded away.

"What just happened?" Shiro asked.

Third turned towards the group, "Second had shown you what happened to her several times. All of the torture and all of the pain you saw then, was merely a fraction of what Novae had to go through." She explained, "Throughout the coming years after Second's creation, Novae continued to fight, but this time, she revealed her face to no one, nor did even speak her name. Everyone in the universe quickly remembered Novae as the Blue Star, and no one else. They had even forgotten her face after a time. But for Novae, being known as Blue Star was simply enough."

"Because if anyone knew about her identity, the Galra would torture and interrogate them for information about her, right?" Lance asked, remembering Novae's words from a while ago.

Third nodded, "Yes, and because she hid her identity, there proved no true need to use her power to fix the memories of others. Novae would able to save her power for when she truly needed it in fighting against the Galra and healing the people of the Rebellion who were injured in battle."

Another memory passed by them. Novae was standing in a wasteland, buildings destroyed and no signs of life anywhere. Novae was wearing a cloak that was tattered from the years of use in protecting her from the elements. She looked around and saw no one.